User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

4) He's using an M4 because he decided it was the thing to use at the time.  I can think of a dozen reasons to use the M4 over the M2HB.  Since he's the guy using the weapon, and he chose it, that's good eonugh for me.  I don't second guess the guy on the ground.

Ross

Quite possibly because of the 4x sight on the M4.  I can think of situations where you see something, and want to get a better look before you engage.  And you can engage with that M2HB if you want - It's not like it's far away.

Just MHO...  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks like a M1A2 TC, judging by the hatch behind his head, and the non-ring-mounted M2HB in front...

I can't think of another US vehicle that has a 50cal that's not ring-mounted, mounted in front of a hatch...

what about an M-88?

Or M113 except that I know the 113 has a round hatch, and IIRC so does the 88. The M1 commanders hatch has always had a distinctive shape.

And there are no M113s in Iraq, IIRC...

I saw plenty in Kuwait entering and leaving Iraq.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dude proly lost one and then found it on his paycheck. When I was in if you lost it you bought it.

So what happens when a pilot has to punch out of his F-18 during a training mission?

"You know, you signed for that airplane..."

OUCH!

Can be done.
Has been done.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dude proly lost one and then found it on his paycheck. When I was in if you lost it you bought it.

So what happens when a pilot has to punch out of his F-18 during a training mission?

"You know, you signed for that airplane..."

OUCH!

Can be done.
Has been done.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top