Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm kind of curious why these "serious marksmen" with sand in their vaginas over rapid firing bother to own repeating firearms in the first place. Pussies and hypocrites. I'll bet you really miss The Firing Line. hacko.gif

In case you haven't noticed, The Firing Line is running again.
I am for responsible gun ownership and use; bump firing to make a lot of noise, with no real "training" going on, not only presents a bad image of gunnies, but is wasteful to boot. It is not responsible gun use. Yes, its a free country so you can do it, but you are not representing gun owners in a positive light.

So learning how to control bump firing and being able to hit a target accurately while bump firing is not responsible gun use? Tell that to the FA guys. That's all we're doing, but for about $10,000 less.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Bump firing is dumb!

YMMV
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Rick, what trigger are you using....stock or ??   I suspect it's fairly light.

Not at all.  Both are factory built OLY lowers with no mods.

Quoted:
Fuck those who call the cops. Let the cops come. Let them fuck with the gun all they want, while I laugh.

Funny Cops and bumpfire story.
I was visiting family out of state a few weeks ago and got up early on Sat to catch some range time. I had the entire range to myself and after a while, I dumped a couple of mags by bumping. A little while later, I was setting down my rifle and pulled off my muffs and heard a truck behind me. As the engine shut off, I heard the dreaded siren chirp. I turned around and was greeted by the County Sherriff (Not a deputy but the actual Sherriff). He introduced himself and immediately looked down at the AR and made the "So, Fullauto huh?" comment. I told him no it wasn't and cracked it open and let him see. He gave me a puzzled look and I went on to explain. Making a long story short, he actually called one of his deputies to come up and join us so I could teach them. Turns out, the entire department has only one full auto weapon in it's inventory but several semi AR's. He wants me to teach his guys to bumpfire to "Scare the hell" out of anyone shooting at them. It is a VERY rural area and the nearest SWAT is well over an hour away.  Anyway, he wants me to come back soon.  True story!

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rick, what trigger are you using....stock or ??   I suspect it's fairly light.

Not at all.  Both are factory built OLY lowers with no mods.

Quoted:
Fuck those who call the cops. Let the cops come. Let them fuck with the gun all they want, while I laugh.

Funny Cops and bumpfire story.
I was visiting family out of state a few weeks ago and got up early on Sat to catch some range time. I had the entire range to myself and after a while, I dumped a couple of mags by bumping. A little while later, I was setting down my rifle and pulled off my muffs and heard a truck behind me. As the engine shut off, I heard the dreaded siren chirp. I turned around and was greeted by the County Sherriff (Not a deputy but the actual Sherriff). He introduced himself and immediately looked down at the AR and made the "So, Fullauto huh?" comment. I told him no it wasn't and cracked it open and let him see. He gave me a puzzled look and I went on to explain. Making a long story short, he actually called one of his deputies to come up and join us so I could teach them. Turns out, the entire department has only one full auto weapon in it's inventory but several semi AR's. He wants me to teach his guys to bumpfire to "Scare the hell" out of anyone shooting at them. It is a VERY rural area and the nearest SWAT is well over an hour away.  Anyway, he wants me to come back soon.  True story!

Same thing happened with me, with my limited bump firing skills. I've been teaching a few deputies around here how to do it. Guess it was bound to happen eventually. Dad's a deputy, everyone I hang out with are deputies.. I'm going through the application process with the SO and the PD, whoever will pick me up first.. :-P In closing, yeah bump firing is alot of fun, and does have its uses.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#5]
As with police, and those not familiar with guns, only one time did one fellow think I had a machinegun while visiting up in the PRK with family.

But that's one problem we need to avoid......making those not familiar with semi-autos think its fairly easy to go full auto.  Not a good image for us, with the sunsetting AWB.

As with everyone....just being careful with who we're around, and not be so blatant about it.

There's always a time, and a place for bumping.....preferable, when out in the middle of nowhere, and without many other shooters/general public at large.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#6]
You don't just teach random assholes on the street how to bump fire, but if someone has a genuine interest in learning how to do it for the ability to do it, I have no problem teaching them what little I know about it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:06:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep.....especially some pretty drunk bozo's one occasionally see's shooting at TV's, and other household appliances, with shaved heads, and a chip on their shoulder (seen a few shmucks at Sloan)

There's always a few, who mess with the images of gun owners at large.......too bad we can't thin out their herds a bit, or hope for Darwinism to shed the flock by a few....:)

Quoted:
You don't just teach random assholes on the street how to bump fire, but if someone has a genuine interest in learning how to do it for the ability to do it, I have no problem teaching them what little I know about it.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#9]

I can bump fire a 75 round drum with my AK.
So blow me!

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:00:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool......username reminds me of some video clip, at the "Hun Farm"?, who had trouble with bumping.

But I think his username was Bumpmaster, or something to that effect.

Any videos to share?

Here's mine....with a cheap-o digital cam:
Right Click the link.....to download!

Always nice to see how well others do it......I sure need a DV cam!!!

Edited:
Yes, I should have had a better stand, and leaned a bit more forwad......:)

Quoted:

Quoted:
I guess it takes all sorts.  For my part, any "feeling" of "power" I get from shooting comes from hitting what I aim at and nothing else.  As far as the "funny looks", it won't be so funny when you go to that range someday and find that they have some stupid single-load rule or the no-assualt-rifle prejudice that alot of places have.
Again, I hate bumpfiring.  It pisses me off that my ability to practice legitimate marksmanship could get fucked up by such idiotic shit.

Quoted:
No, let me repeat, I could care less about figuring out how to do it. I am against because 1) It's unsafe, 2) It has nothing to do with actual marksmanship and 3) It is the type of behavior that pushes shooting ranges to adopt bullshit restrictions (i.e. single loading).
My last contribution to this thread. Bumpfiring is an asinine waste of ammo.
Other than that, knock yourself out, Fruitloops.

I can bump fire a 75 round drum with my AK.
So blow me!
xzodus.com/gifs/finger.gif

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:21:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm kind of curious why these "serious marksmen" with sand in their vaginas over rapid firing bother to own repeating firearms in the first place. Pussies and hypocrites. I'll bet you really miss The Firing Line.

In case you haven't noticed, The Firing Line is running again.
I am for responsible gun ownership and use; bump firing to make a lot of noise, with no real "training" going on, not only presents a bad image of gunnies, but is wasteful to boot. It is not responsible gun use. Yes, its a free country so you can do it, but you are not representing gun owners in a positive light.

Hell, menacing black rifles give us a bad image, too. You a big pussy about them as well?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Making a long story short, he actually called one of his deputies to come up and join us so I could teach them. Turns out, the entire department has only one full auto weapon in it's inventory but several semi AR's. He wants me to teach his guys to bumpfire to "Scare the hell" out of anyone shooting at them. It is a VERY rural area and the nearest SWAT is well over an hour away.  Anyway, he wants me to come back soon.  True story!

I sure hope you told them it wasn't serious marksmanship training, and that it reeked of showing off.

You know, sometimes when I go out to shoot, I just go to enjoy shooting.  It's not "serious training," whatever that is.  Sometimes it's just fun.

And I suck at bump firing.

Scott
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hell, menacing black rifles give us a bad image, too. You a big pussy about them as well?

As long as they are used responsibly, I am ok with them.My comments do not make me a "pussy".
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#14]
pussy
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
*snip*
And I suck at bump firing.

Scott

Practice, practice, practice.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top