Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/20/2003 11:53:38 AM EDT
I've been thinking about "stepping up" to a high priced post ban target varmint AR15. I've thought about a Bushy Varminter...M15T and even a Wilson AR. I am not however interested in a Les Baer AR...so lets not go down that road... But the other day I saw a SR-15 20" flat top..free float..the works for about 1,500 bucks. I'm wondering if it's worth the extra bucks...The M15T and Varminter are roughly the same price(about 900-1K and from what I have read they deliever roughly the same results..I guess I'm just wondering...if the remaining 5-600 bucks is just paying for the Stoner name? Or and I getting something that I don't see on the surface...?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:21:27 PM EDT
Your paying for a good trigger, a descent barrel, and that KAC engraved on the side. If I was in the market for a tack driver, I'd by a Colt CR6724. I have yet to see one of those rifles that wouldn't shoot. They're true .5moa rifles right out of the box. Mine was better than that.[;D]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:03:02 PM EDT
Impact Arms looks to have a sale on the KAC SR-15 Match rifle for under $1500. That is a fantastic deal! You get a KAC FF RAS, Krieger barrel and the best match AR trigger in existance.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:06:55 PM EDT
Exactly what DarkNite said! You get a great trigger, a free float Ras, and a Kreiger barrel for a decent price. I have the sr-15 match and I love it! Best group so far was a .384". If you do go the impact route you may have to be patient, when I was looking they told me it may be 6 months or longer! Try Excaliber arms, they have them in stock, but it will cost a little more. Also if you are looking to shoot light weight bullets, be aware that the Stoner has a 1 in 7.75" twist, which will probably be too fast. Also no disrespect to Rabbit9, but I think a Kreiger is a little more than "a decent barrel"!
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:17:20 PM EDT
First off, I personally won't be buying anymore KAC stuff due to the shitty attitudes of their reps that showed up at the FDCC anniversary shoot. With that said, I think this falls under the "law of diminishing returns" idea. While I'm sure the rifle costs what it costs for a reason, I don't think that in my hands it would do any better than the BM or DPMS. I wouldn't get any use out of those forward rails at all, the BUIS wouldn't be something I'd use.... etc. Is this like what you're talking about? [img]http://www.gunsamerica.com/upload/976384705-1.jpg[/img]
Top Top