Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2003 7:25:40 AM EDT
What if i drill the hole in my muzle break to say aprox 30 or 40 cal whould it be less loud ? whould it change point of aim ?would it be legal?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:44:38 AM EDT
It would be less loud - it would also reduce the flash, thus making the rifle an illegal Semiautomatic-Assualt-Weapon as it would now have 2 evil features (pistol grip & flash supressor).
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:47:50 AM EDT
Don't bother, just have it replaced with a Cav Comp, Kurt @ [url=www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com]KKF[/url], or Steve @ [url=www.adcofirearms.com]ADCO[/url] brake.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:04:02 AM EDT
Thanks ,but still i wonder if anyone would notice all i want is a little sound reduction.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:45:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By M4arc: Don't bother, just have it replaced with a Cav Comp, Kurt @ [url=www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com]KKF[/url], or Steve @ [url=www.adcofirearms.com]ADCO[/url] brake.
View Quote
I have a Cav Comp....it is still way too loud for me...
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:57:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By _DR:
Originally Posted By M4arc: Don't bother, just have it replaced with a Cav Comp, Kurt @ [url=www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com]KKF[/url], or Steve @ [url=www.adcofirearms.com]ADCO[/url] brake.
View Quote
I have a Cav Comp....it is still way too loud for me...
View Quote
Really? I have two of them and think they are great. Of course, anything is great compared to the Mini-Y that I had.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:10:40 AM EDT
Or try this: [img]http://www.sogarmory.com/ProductImages/1040_3.jpg[/img] [url]http://www.sogarmory.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=101879[/url] Post-Ban ATF Legal Birdcage Comp. Held on by 6 cup screws. Fits all .701 diameter barrels. Made in the USA. For best results it is recommended to insure screws are tightened securely as you would a car tire, by tightening opposing screws. It is further recommended the use of "loctite". Additionally, the barrel may be dimpled with a punch where the screws are to be secured.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:30:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2003 9:30:44 AM EDT by Va_Dinger]
Really? I have two of them and think they are great. Of course, anything is great compared to the Mini-Y that I had.
View Quote
My god that thing was loud. I was REAL happy when you got rid of that thing! [;)]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:49:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BUSTER51: Thanks ,but still i wonder if anyone would notice all i want is a little sound reduction.
View Quote
Notice - probably not. That doesn't stop it from being illegal. Just hope you don't have an incident (mad girlfriend/wife, police stop on the way to/from the range, idiot neighbor etc) where your rifle might come under scrutiny. It has happened before (including to people on this site).
Top Top