Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/19/2003 2:50:51 AM EDT
DSA has a pin to replace the cotter pin that retains the firing pin. They call it a Perma-Pin and state that it was the original design on the M16 but was replaced to save $$. They have a $20 minimum order and they calculate shipping by order total cost not weight. I would like to put these in my two rifles but I'm not gonna buy more than I need or want to satisfy their minimum order amount and I'm not gonna pay $8 to ship 2 oz of merchandise. Anyone know of another source for these pins?

www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=KNSPERMA&storeid=1&image=arknsfprp.gif

Shabo
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:00:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Try here:

[url]glocksbr.com/axami/shop.php?grd=117[/url]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:18:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks DarkStar!! Global was $.45 cheaper in price and only $3 shipping. AR15.com saves me $$ again, I love this site. Thanks again.

Shabo
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:27:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Then lets save you a few more bux... Denny is doing free shipping right now...

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=175107[/url]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:26:41 PM EDT
[#4]
dbshabo,

please let us know how using those perma pins works out.  Most people will say you are trying to fix what aint broke, and at least one other person posted that the pin got severely bent the second time he went out to use it, and as such swore off of them and went back to the normal cotter pin.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:58:29 AM EDT
[#5]
those cotter pins are so cheap - I have a bagful that will take me 10 years to go through at this rate. Can't see a need to replace them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top