Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/18/2003 5:26:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/18/2003 6:36:46 PM EDT by Mike7111]
I recently purchased a Bushmaster with a SS barrel. I have just been told by Bushmaster that it has a specific break-in procedure. I was unaware of this...and broke it in as I have any of my long guns. I ran about 70 rounds thru it the first day before I cleaned it. Any thoughts on if I ruined the accuracy of this gun!

Mike
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:53:10 PM EDT
Hot topic. There's been alot of post in the past about break-in. Hopefully someone will threat them 2 U. My opinion is that they should be fired 1 shot clean for 10 shots then the next 40 in 5 shot groups. I always over do the break in and take no chances. Some will say brake-in is BS!!! I've never tested this theory. I've always errored toward overdoing the cleaning for break-in. Bottom line is if it shoots good for you it's fine. If it doesn't your always gonna wonder if you had something to do with it. If it shoots ok don't sweat it.[beer]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:12:40 PM EDT
Thanks Sharpshooter33, had I known, (read, not mentioned in the manual) I would have used any technique mentioned. Thanks for your Time Mike
Top Top