Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/18/2003 1:55:55 PM EDT
Hello, I from Lubbock, Tx and I wanted to share a conversation I had with Geico Insurance today concerning gun ownership.

I called Geico Insurance to get a quote on home owners insurance. After answering all their questions about the home and property, they asked me if I owned any guns. "Of course I do," I told them. They requested a list of guns and their value. They asked if I used them for hunting or self-protection. I told them "BOTH!" Geico then asked if I own an "assault weapon." I ask their definition of an assault weapon and they could not give a clear answer. I told them I have a few AR-15s and some AK-47 variants, all legal semi-auto weapons. The Geico sales lady put me on hold for 5 minutes and when she came back she told me they could not offer me insurance. They told me I am a liablity because I own an "assault weapon" and I use guns in self defense. Her name was Lynn Russ and her manager who made the decision is Rea Leach. I later found out that Geico home insurance is Travelers which is own by City Bank.

What do you think about that my friends? I know City Bank is a strong supporter in the Anti-Gun movement. If you are with Geico it is time you find your self another insurance company!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:08:26 PM EDT
I planned on dumping geico before I read this post. It's just iceing on the cake
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:13:44 PM EDT
THAT'S GOOD INFO AND EVERYONE HERE SHOULD DUMP THE JERKS AND LET THEM KNOW WHY. I ALSO WONDER IF IT IS LEGAL TO NOT INSURE SOMETHING THAT IS LEGAL, SOUNDS LIKE DISCRIMINATION TO ME! WHAT NEXT DO THEY PLAN NOT TO INSURE? JACK
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:43:09 PM EDT
I usually just read these forums but I had to post this The more I think about this today the more pissed off I get. They offered me a good deal on home owners insurance, but after I mentioned I wanted my guns covered they refused to sell me insurance. They said I'm a liablility to them because I could shoot someone with my assault rifles and that I had too many guns!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:50:33 PM EDT
I think I am going to call them and spend a long time on their 800 number, then ask about the guns just before I accept their offer. Maybe we can make them realize how much money they are losing. Not that I would use them for anything now. Thanks for the heads up Doc
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:55:21 PM EDT
Top Top