Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2003 10:45:21 PM EDT
I've gone Daewoo crazy. I bought three DR-200s recently. For the price I can't seem to help myself.  They are the cheapest post 94', pre 98' assault rifles around. I like the way they shoot, look, and function. The gas piston system is excellent. Anybody else here have a Daewoo fetish?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah i like them, i just cant find any around here any more, as those that have them are keeping them. i sold mine off to a guy that was hurting for parts earlier this year. been whishing i had not done that, but i have several AR projects going that needed the funding.
they truely are good guns and the demand is there, you'd think they would be everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#2]
There's one hanging on the wall of a local shop,...Preban k1-max???...Anyway 16"brrl wire colapsing stock....Kinda neat, think he wants 1100$ for it........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Anybody have a Daewoo pistol? My brother used to have one.  You could push the cocked hammer forward, and a short pull on the trigger would cause the hammer to pop back to the rear, then you would have a small single action pull.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:28:02 AM EDT
[#4]
daewoo tri-action. i gave one to my bro years ago. i think he still has it. its reliable, but i don't remember it being very accurate though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:24:04 AM EDT
[#5]
5 AR's here but only two Daewoos (K2 preban folder and DR300 in 7.62x39).  It's good you bought more than one DR200 cause one one breaks, the other rifle will virtually be your only other source of parts - the weakness of the Daewoos.  Select parts come of for sale on rare occasion, and there are Daewoo support clubs as well as possibly Kimber, but that's it.  This is one of the reasons why they are so cheap.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:27:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Ask campybob about his friend who makes spare bolts (with AR15 extractors to boot) and firing pins.

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:06:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a DR200 and loved it so much that I bought a MAX-1. I love them both and will never part w/ them. That being said, I will not have to worry about spare parts. I don't shoot them much if at all. Not because I am worried, just because. I just shoot my AR's and pistols.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top