Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/13/2003 1:51:14 PM EDT
Besides looking perhaps cooler than the rest of the gun, and looking as solid as a rock, what are the advantages to this stock?

From the limited info I've seen on it ( might be the wrong stock... ), it is supposedly 3-5 times stronger than the normal A2 stock, and that's about it.

What is so special about this thing other than asthetics?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:22:34 PM EDT
No hole in back of stock, plus slightly wider and longer so it distributes recoil forces better. It also is designed so that it can extend to a preset length instead of having to "count holes" like a normal CAR or M4 stock. I believe you can mount a picatinny rail on the side to mount spare battery compartments, etc. and it comes with a sturdy single point sling mount. And what you already mentioned, GREAT cheekweld and rock solid when locked into position. It is pricey, but having bought one I honestly believe it was worth the money (and I am a penny pincher at heart!) It seems to be a bit heavier than a standard solid stock, but that sctually helps shift the balance point of my carbine back, which I prefer. It should have a bunch of additional add-ons in the near future, too.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:27:57 PM EDT
Oooohhh. I always thought that this thing was made for style. But in the fully extended position, there is a small gap between the end of the buffer tube ( I think ) and the butt. Can't crap get bunched up and caught in there ( If I ever manage to get a carbine, I want to USE it, not make it a hangar queen, see? )?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:21:04 PM EDT
Look here for several reviews of the stock. For what its worth, I believe they are the greatest stock for an AR15 on the market to date. Bar none. There are a few other very good stocks that I like and own, but my favorite gun has all of my favorite gear, and it has a Magpul M93 stock! Reviews are here; [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=124&t=140001[/url]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:17:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/14/2003 5:02:13 AM EDT by AK_Mike]
Originally Posted By Dawg180: And what you already mentioned, GREAT cheekweld It should have a bunch of additional add-ons in the near future, too.
View Quote
Cheekweld just got better, the Magpul M93[b]A[/b] has just been released! Check it out [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=176100]here[/url]
Top Top