Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2003 7:42:43 AM EDT
Hi Guys,

So yesterday, I picked up an ARMS SIR for my Bushy 16" carbine. It was sitting there used at a high-speed local shop and I always thought SIR equipped guns look pretty bad ass...

The thing is though, it weighs a tone! So my question is, why? What does one get with the ARMS SIR system that you wouldn't get with a KAC rail system?

I personally don't really care about the weight, owning an AR for me is more about being able to play with interesting bits of kit then it is about TEOTWAWKI or self defense... but I couldn't imagine humping this 'compact, lightweight, carbine' around the Stan or Iraq looking for bad guys.

So what's the story with this device? What does it do for the varsity team that similar (and I would assume, lighter weight) products from other manufacturers, do?

Thanks!

GK

P.S.
It does look way bloody cool though...
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:08:38 AM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://appliedinc.com/railsys8.gif[/img]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top