Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/12/2003 4:27:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/12/2003 4:34:07 AM EDT by WIN9639445]
Here is some pics of my all COLT M4 with the OPS Inc military 2 port brake/suppressor mount. The OPS Inc website under the "Videos" section,shows the M4 being shot with just the brake only then with the suppressor.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/078473.JPG

http://www.hunt101.com/img/078478.JPG

The gun also features: Coyote brown VLTOR W/ pad, SPR grip, CQB SOLUTIONS "SOP" sling,PRI gas buster charging handle & front flip up sight, LMT enhanced bolt and carrier, ARMS military SIR, #40 rear sight, 22M68 AIMPOINT mount, SUREFIRE L72 laser, M900, and AIMPOINT Comp M2. Upper and lower recievers refinished in MATTE black "ROGUARD" by ROBAR INDUSTRIES.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:30:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:46:49 AM EDT
I didnt think that Ops sold to civs.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:22:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/12/2003 5:23:39 AM EDT by TheRicker]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:46:26 AM EDT
Nice Sheets [;)] Seriously Nice setttup. How do you like that RoGuard, have some on a Mag, but it seems soft. How well has it worn for you? I need to match a purple BM, and want a good finish. Any observations would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:54:00 AM EDT
Now that Sir, Is different!-I like
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:12:45 AM EDT
Hey thanks! My wife loves that bedding set! We got it as a wedding gift and its in the extra bedroom with the computer!LOL The ROGUARD is great. When ROBAR processes the upper and lower recievers, they first strip off all the anodizing. Then they get a sort of matte silver base coat material (NOT Np3!) plated on prior to the application of the ROGUARD. I chose the MATTE black ROGUARD, it comes in a satin finish also. You get normal wear in contact areas right away from the cambering of parts and such. Like right under the charging handle latch, inside wear the bolt carrier touches and push pins. When I shoot I alway put a small double layer piece of "100 MPH" tape (either black or OD) over the brass deflector so as not to show any wear from shooting, works great! After cleaning the gun always looks unfired! No matter what finish (anodizing, coatings) you have it always mar or get chipped off at the brass deflector area. In the wear off areas you see just a little off the matte silver base plating. The base plating never wears through unless you dilibertly took a metal object to it and beat the hell out of it! I have seen some USAF "AFSOC" & USMC "FORCE RECON" M4 recievers that seem to have the same thing done to them from the look of the finish and the wear charecteristcs. The AR recievers are the only things that get this base coat plating prior to the ROGUARD, everything else just gets the coating on the base material like your mag for instance which makes the Roguard seem softer. I would definetly recommendgetting your upper and lower refinished by them just like I did in the MATTE Black Roguard. Unless you like the satin?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:26:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/12/2003 8:33:27 AM EDT by WIN9639445]
Hey SULACO2, I took a qick pic of my two of my daily carry guns I am currently using. One is a GLOCK 21 customized by GLOCKMEISTER and refinished by ROBAR. The other is a H&K P7 M13 refinished by TRIPP RESEARCH in his COBRA CHROME finish. The Glock is done in MATTE black Roguard slide and NP3 barell and internals. I carry this gun every day concealed and the ROGUARD has still yet to wear! I switch between the two guns, I wear the P7 with dress clothes and suits, and the G21 with jeans and everything else. For some reason when the roguard is applied to glock slides over the TENIFER finish it is just so tough. The "black" finish on GLOCK slides is just a blueing type finish it is not the TENIFER, and after a while it stars to look blotchy from holster wear and body contact. It started to really bug me so i had ROBAR redo it all. I carry this in a KYDEX SIDEARMOR holster which is probably the toughtest on all gun finishes. To date there is NO wear or nothing! Carry gun finishes are the most abused from the contact with underclothing which "wicks" persperation that gets on the gun along with skin dander and deoderant ect. I have to wipe and dust out my carry guns every night and it amazes me all that gets deposited in and on them daily! This GLOCK goes through so much more than my AR recievers do and it is still mint! Plus with all the shooting. Also the base finish under the ROGUARD on my AR looks almost like the P7 M13 mag in the pic. So you get an idea. Oh also I seen a few H&K PSG-1's finished in Matte black ROGUARD with NP3 internals, and they were AWESOME! Now they chose this for a $10,000 gun so that means something! On ar's thought I like the stock internals finish so thats why I did not have them done in NP3 at the same time. I more or less wanted a stock finish look. [url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=78618&c=500&z=1"][img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/078618.JPG[/img][/url]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:12:50 PM EDT
I wish I had that suppressor and mount :( BTW, that is one sweet setup. Is that a standard M4 contour barrel, or the R921HB? -Cap'n
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:39:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:31:33 AM EDT
I got everything from WES GRANT @ MSTN. You can contact WES at mstn@midsouth.rr.com All the COLT and ARMS items are from PETER SOUTHWICK at LEGAL TRANSFERS. PETE built the ALL COLT PREBAN upper and lower for me. You can contact PETE at leagaltransfers@worldnet.att.net The upper is actually a DIEMACO M4 upper and the barrel is an M4 contour. It is a COLT military 5.56, 14.5" barrel. The AIMPOINT and SUREFIRE items are from WAYNE LAGGER at LPS TACTICAL. I also have EoTECH and TRIJICON optics that are not pictured that I got from him also. Wayne can be contacted almost any time or day at 1-888-511-7322. If anyone is curious, the AMMO I use is HORNADY T.A.P. (TACTICAL APPLICATION POLICE) .223REM/5.56 NATO 75 GRAIN TAP Boat tail hollow point. I guess this is THE round for the 14.5" barrel guns. Thnaks everyone for the nice compliments! Around my home it is the complete OPPOSITE, my wife HATES this stuff. It is all "CONDEMED" to one room thanks to her, SO thats where I spend most of my time! LOL
Top Top