Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/11/2003 5:59:28 AM EDT
I recently changed my gas rings. When I cyclic my AR it gets a little stiff. Right were its almost home. It will always close if I hit the bolt release, or if I pull the charging handle all the way back and then release. But if I let it go home slow it won`t go all the way. I haven`t fired it yet. Now I know that I`m not supposed to ride the bolt but all of my other AR`s work fine even if I ride the bolt home. Is this normal or is something wrong here?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:58:52 AM EDT
[#1]
My new Bushmaster does the same thing. I think you just have to break it in since the rings are new.    
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:37:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quit masturbating and shoot the darn thing.

[shock]

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Why are you riding the bolt home?

The thing is made to fly into battery.

Go ahead! Let 'er fly... X number of millions of AR15/M16s do this every day.

No harm to be done by doing this.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#4]
My OLY does this too.  I think it's probably normal.  IIRC, my Army M4 also did it when it was brand new.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
You are the problem, you are inducing the malfunction into the weapon.  Charge your AR15 properly, and you won't have this happen. I would bet that after a hundred rounds you won't see this continue.

Don't sweat it, just go shoot it!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:54:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quit masturbating and shoot the darn thing.

[shock]

[:D]
View Quote

HAAAAAAAA!!!  LMAO!!! Yep thats normal, just shoot it, it'll loosen up.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:19:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys. This was the first time I`ve replaced gas rings. I`m just a little worried that something`s wrong. Thanks again
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top