Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 7:45:27 AM EDT
Didnt know if you guys had seen this yet or not. Very similar to a Phantom FS.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/brakes/iz-102660-prbf.asp

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:56:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one on my "inside" gun, and a four slot with serrations style on my "outside" gun.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#2]
How is it different from a phantom?

What makes it a brake?

CRC
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#3]
How is it different from a phantom?

What makes it a brake?
View Quote
All the brakes I've seen have ~.223 size holes in the end, whereas the flash suppressors all have much larger holes.  That's probably the only difference between it and a Phantom.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Does it help distribute flash in any way - like a flash supressor?  I ask because I too have an "inside" gun and would like to hopefully have something to help from blinding me - in the heat of battle you know...[;)]

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Hope its not as loud as that mini y, those things are not fun to be next to at the range.  [rocket]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
This is a brake as it is closed in on the end, not open like a flash suppressor. And no, since it is a brake it doesnt have any flash supressing properties, as if it did, it wouldnt be legal for post ban guns as this one is. One of the good things about it is it directs the blast to the sides like a FS does, not back towards you as a mini y comp does, so it should be a very good option for those who complain about that.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I like it and I'm going to use one on my next project.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top