Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2003 4:02:42 PM EDT
To piggyback on a similar topic/earlier post...

Anyone have the "Under Foregrip Integrated Rail (UFIR)" by GG&G?  I plan on putting one on my RRA M-4.

I wish I had the money for their Tac Mod Free- Float Forearm or an ARMS SIR, but I can't afford it.

I know most "add-on's" tend to be crap, but I have heard good things about GG&G equip.

On that note, what about their Vert. Foregrip w/the compartment?  Praises/complaints?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a UFIR, or a foregrip, but I just got a GG&G GS-1 FIRE Rail. I'm extremely impressed with the quality/fit/finish.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The UFIR, and similar units from Falcon and AAC, is OK for a flashlight.  To me, there is too much slop in it for a vertical fore grip, especially if you like to lock down hard on the rifle.  I really tried to make it work, but had to go back to a RAS.  The rail is now on a 20" upper in case I need a light on it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The UFIR, and similar units from Falcon and AAC, is OK for a flashlight.  To me, there is too much slop in it for a vertical fore grip, especially if you like to lock down hard on the rifle.  I really tried to make it work, but had to go back to a RAS.  The rail is now on a 20" upper in case I need a light on it.
View Quote

What kind of handguards did you put it on?

Did you try to "tweak it" any to get it more solid?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
i have the GGG UFIR on 3 of my AR's

i have seen alot of versions of this bolt on rail system.
The GGG is by FAR the best one i have seen.

fits PERFECT
secures with 3 allens and shoulder bolts
has vent holes to match up with CAR handguards

you will like it!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:38:57 PM EDT
[#5]
pbuff:  Do you have foregrips on them or flashlights?

The pic on their website shows it on a M-4 handguard, so I hope it works as well with it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a UFIR/vertical foregrip on a set of Cav Arms M4 handguards.  Its a very cost effective solution, but, I too, have experienced a slight bit of play between the two halves of the handguard while using it. I'd say overall, its a good product.

Jake
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:32:24 PM EDT
[#7]
crochunter,

mostly i have put on vertical grips & use a samco bipod mount with a harris bipod.

it works well because then with the push of a button the bipod slides off one AR to my next AR.

But I have also use the samco flashlight mounts on the UFIR also.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=19876&iGalleryUnq=1187&iImageUnq=20351[/img]

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=19876&iGalleryUnq=1187&iImageUnq=20350[/img]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:19:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What kind of handguards did you put it on?

Did you try to "tweak it" any to get it more solid?
View Quote

I had it on some Colt carbine handguards.  The slop between the two halves was the problem. not the rail and the lower HG.  If your HG's are nice and tight, it will work OK if you are not too hard on your rifle, but hard use will loosen it up as the bearing surfaces are plastic against aluminum.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top