Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/7/2003 7:28:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/7/2003 7:37:37 PM EDT by _DR]
Anybody have any opinions on these? I was looking at a couple of differnet models ATN makes, and was impressed with them on first impression. The price is nice, too $160.

They also claim to be parallax free, have adjustable brighhtness and about 6 different reticles, the smallest 1 moa and the largest about 6 moa.

I am seriously considering one for my preban 11.5" carbine unless I hear I lot of negatives.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:20:22 PM EDT
I like the look and the usefulness, but am very concerned about durability. If it is just a target gun, no problem. If it is a SHTF or 3-gun, or work gun, or plinker, I'd be concerned about breaking it. The lense part should be better supported.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:13:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/8/2003 6:13:53 AM EDT by _DR]
Yeah, but don't some other Red Dot makers user this method? I wonder what kind steel is used in to optic support and ring. Seems like I saw a similar design by a high dollar maker on an H&K UMP 45 in Matrix II. I couldn't see who made it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:50:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/8/2003 7:51:10 AM EDT by JIMBO55]
They are junk--i purchased one and all types of problems with sighting(ghosts,blur etc) if you wank a good red dot--superlight weight go for a hakko (cdnn has them for 175.) crisp, clear and stay on target, i have 3 of them on my various ar's JIMBO PS---HAKKO MAKES THE SCOPES FOR SPRINGFIELD ($600.+) THEY ARE GOOD
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:51:33 AM EDT
That's what I wanted to hear, first hand experience... Thanks JIMB055, I will check out the Hakko's
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:17:30 PM EDT
It appears to be luck of the draw on the ATN. I have one paid less than $125 new for it (had a coupon). I love it. Its heavy duty, bright, no blur on mine. I will say one thing it appears to be a little long, meaning I can't mount my irons behind it on my flattop to co-witness. I have a bushmaster flip up and a ARMS 40, neither fits behind it. However, if mount the ATN all the way back, my irons fit up front OK. It kinda sucks, but works.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:35:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cgebhard: It appears to be luck of the draw on the ATN. I have one paid less than $125 new for it (had a coupon). I love it. Its heavy duty, bright, no blur on mine. I will say one thing it appears to be a little long, meaning I can't mount my irons behind it on my flattop to co-witness. I have a bushmaster flip up and a ARMS 40, neither fits behind it. However, if mount the ATN all the way back, my irons fit up front OK. It kinda sucks, but works.
View Quote
Damn, I had no idea that it was that big!
Top Top