Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/7/2003 5:05:38 PM EDT
I have 1 AR with a A1 upper and love the apeture(sp?) size after opening it up very slightly, about halfway between an A1 and A2. I have another AR, a Bushy A3 with detchable carry handle. The rear sight is way too open for my tastes. I am wanting to put an A1 size apeture in the dettchable handle. I remember reading somewhere that the parts are not compatible just to swap out.

What are my options? Will DCM rear peeps or the actual A1 work in a carry handle. If the opening is smaller than an A1 originally thats OK as I can drill it out to the desired size, but no major machining please. I have considered using the "L" setting and opening it up to the desired size but was worried about heigth problems.

I'm wanting to eventually put an ARMS #40 with a OKO dot but need to do this on the cheap until I get some more play money because I close on my house in a week and totally out of cash for a while.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:03:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:35:25 PM EDT
Change the A-2 sight out to a match type A-2 sight. On is .030 and the other is .040. "Also available is an aperture with both holes undersized, .040 and .030 dia." [url]http://www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=UR-27B-NM[/url]
Top Top