Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 5:05:38 PM EDT
I have 1 AR with a A1 upper and love the apeture(sp?) size after opening it up very slightly, about halfway between an A1 and A2. I have another AR, a Bushy A3 with detchable carry handle. The rear sight is way too open for my tastes. I am wanting to put an A1 size apeture in the dettchable handle. I remember reading somewhere that the parts are not compatible just to swap out.

What are my options? Will DCM rear peeps or the actual A1 work in a carry handle. If the opening is smaller than an A1 originally thats OK as I can drill it out to the desired size, but no major machining please. I have considered using the "L" setting and opening it up to the desired size but was worried about heigth problems.

I'm wanting to eventually put an ARMS #40 with a OKO dot but need to do this on the cheap until I get some more play money because I close on my house in a week and totally out of cash for a while.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Change the A-2 sight out to a match type A-2 sight.  On is .030 and the other is .040.

"Also available is an aperture with both holes undersized, .040 and .030 dia."

[url]http://www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=UR-27B-NM[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top