Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 3:36:53 PM EDT
I had started shopping for a CAR about the time this board went down and found one about 50 miles from me. The guy had a PWA CAR15 with a stainless 11.5" barrel/5.5" FH. I met him to take a look at it and he told me he had bought the lower back in the late 80's and the parts kit to assemble the rifle. A friend of his in USMC said he wanted to put it together for him, since he used to do it in the armory . I took a look at the gun and it looked real nice. He said he didn't think it had been fired. He said the marine wanted to, but he told him he wanted it for a collection so he'd rather it not be shot. I ended up taking it since the price was right and I got it in a private sale. I got it home and took a closer look at it. The BC/B is a Smith Enterprise. it has a PM marked M1A1 upper. I opened the gun up and looked at the guts closer. The gun had never been lubed. The parkerizing was still fresh on the hammer and trigger group.There are no marks on the gun anywhere. Internally it isn't even dusty, much less any fouling. I pulled the bolt and it is new, no wear on any part. I pulled the bolt out of the BC and it's perfect. I looked closely at the barrel and the coll. stock. They are new, no rounds fired, and no wear to the buffer tube. The magwell doesn't have a mark. So I pulled the handgaurds to look for more marks on the barrel. I checked the barrel nut and it was loose. I unscrewed it (by hand)and pulled the barrel right off. I checked the buffer tube nut and it was loose. In ten minutes I had the whole gun apart without tools. God thing the guy didn't shoot it. I looked closer at the upper and barrel ass. and the gas tube wasn't even pinned in place. I pulled it right out. No carbon at all. I have a barrel wrench and action block on the way. I e-mailed the guy to let him know the shape, but I am very pleased to know I have a brand new gun that is nearly 20 years old. I got it for $945. Not bad huh?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top