Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/24/2003 4:40:58 PM EDT
Well here it is and I have to say its nicer than I expected. The fit and finish is nice, but the finish comes off if you try hard enough. I swithched the locking pin which was easy (2 hits and the pin was gone) replaced it with a locking pin/spring from a RRA stock. I have to admit I see nothing that would make me want to spend $500 on a real one. You have to take the stock off to get to your spare batts(designer was on crack)Well im happy with it. IMO the vtor is just as good if not better. If the vtor was as long as the Crane and didnt have all them holes it would be perfect.I have to admit this stock just looks COOL!! and im very happy with it, but then again looks aren't everything.
      FREE

Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it extend?
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea it extends.
   FREE

Quoted:
Does it extend?
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey, watcha making over there? grilled ham and cheese?
How well is it made? Let us know how it holds up. Do these use the Colt tube or standard diameter?

Mark
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Well it looks very sturdy. It will only fit a Colt/Vtor tube. And actually we ate sloppy joes.
           FREE

Quoted:
How well is it made? Let us know how it holds up. Do these use the Colt tube or standard diameter?

Mark
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey man, that looks great. I have been seeing these pop up here and there. Is this one of the Airsoft type stocks? Can you provide me with some info on where you got it and how much?
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Any leftovers?

Quoted:
And actually we ate sloppy joes.
           FREE

Quoted:

Mark
View Quote
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea this one came from Greeno and I think he is selling them for $120 but im not sure he needed some deployment items so we did a trade. good invsetment cant go wrong for the price if you want the crane look
       FREE

Quoted:
Did you buy it from Green0?
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#9]
sorry all gone hehe!!
 FREE

Quoted:
Any leftovers?

Quoted:
And actually we ate sloppy joes.
           FREE

Quoted:

Mark
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Funny, every pic of those I see (including mine) have the previous Vltor visible in the photo laying nearby!

"Here's my new girlfriend next to the old one..."
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Yea but unlike my old girlfriend I will keep the VTOR. I just wish the repro crane had the same finish of my Vtor them.
        FREE

Quoted:
Funny, every pic of those I see (including mine) have the previous Vltor visible in the photo laying nearby!

"Here's my new girlfriend next to the old one..."
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm crying over here.  This from an ex-owner of a real Crane and satisfied owner of a Vltor (among others).
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Just received some interesting points from GREENO:

If that inability to remove the caps on the tubes without removing the stock really bothers you, just glue the tubes in and grind the locking part of the caps off, then drill a hole if you want in each of the caps and tether them like Vltor Caps (on this stock you could even tether them to the lanyard hole in the stock (right next to the battery caps) rather than to each other.)

The lanyard hole (my guess) was designed to 550 the stock to the rifle to prevent loss while removed.

Thats the beauty of a stock that isn't a $500 collectors item, you can modify it without destroying its value, in fact with RRA hardware and modded tubes, some people might be more interested in it.
-Austin
Well it looks like I will be modding my stock this weekend.
      FREE
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Trust me,

You can pull the latch all the way down and...

1) Completely remove the fakeCrane stock
2) Remove *BOTH* tube(s)
3) Open the tubes
4) Remove your batteries

... in less time than it takes to pull one tight VLTOR cap off.  And your fingertip won't hurt either.

But I'm still keeping my VLTOR.  I follow the "Duffy Philosphy"-  Buy 'em all!

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top