Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2003 4:00:48 PM EDT
dear sirs, i recently aquired my first ar 180. its sterling manufactured in the 20xxx range. the gun appears to be a victim of neglect.it doesnt appear to be fired much but was filthy.the bore is excellent but there is some pitting on the barrel behind the front site where powder residue deposits from the gas system. i noticed about three mm inside the chamber are two small rings about three mm apart. there so shallow that they can barely be felt with the small plastic straw off my gun oil can. also the selector switch on the right side seems wallowed out and floppy. the lower receiver appears to be blued while the upper receiver appears to be paint over parkerizing. are these common for this rifle? also how does lower hand gaurd come off? should i take off the male peice of the gas system that comes out of the front sight for cleaning and if so rh or lh threads?  do any parts out of the new 180b interchange with the early 180s like bolt, carrier,or springs? thanks for any info!!! Phil E.                       OUR ARMED FORCES MAKE ME PROUD!!!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#1]
preokc, theres a forum just for AR180's. I'm sure there are many here who own both but you may get a quicker response there or well here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=62

Good luck!

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top