Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2003 9:45:54 PM EDT
After reading scores of comments about RRA rifles taking forever (months) to arrive, I was a little concerned when I ordered my complete lower last Friday, 11-14-03.  But the store owner called RRA and asked when it might ship if they ordered and was told by Wednesday at the latest.  Well, it shipped out Monday, and I had it Friday 11-21-03.  It may have been there earlier, since I called RRA to ask if they could tell me the order status and they told me it had shipped on Monday.  I called the store and they had it ready to pick up.

This may be a good way to go with RRA, as uppers are available all over the net from multiple companies that have large inventories (I used Adco Firearms for my upper), and lowers are easy to order and arrive fast through your local FFL.  The only thing you get different than when you order a complete rifle is no box and no manual and no cheesy 10rd magazine.  Most folks don't need those things anyway.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Same with me.  My lower was ordered on 11/14 and my FFL had it 11/20.  The upper was ordered on 11/3 and arrived sometime between 11/13 and 11/21.  I was pretty concerned after I ordered it and came here to read, but it went pretty well for me.  Maybe we are just buying at the right time??  My FFL mentioned if I had ordered it much later that they get backed up from people buying new highpower guns.  My friend ordered one last January and it took him a couple of months to get it.
Aaron.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:03:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I called Rock River when mine was delayed. They said they assemble within 2-3 days test fire and ship within 1 week
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:45:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The only thing you get different than when you order a complete rifle is no box and no manual and no cheesy 10rd magazine.  Most folks don't need those things anyway.
View Quote

The other thing you don't get is the 11% FET charge that is due on complete rifles.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top