Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/21/2003 6:55:47 PM EDT
Pete at Legal Transfers has RRA Complete Lowers for $249 for Standard and $314 for National Match w/ 2 Stage Trigger. At only $65 difference, money is not an object. I want my rifle to be durable, but I want it to have the best trigger possible. Can I have my cake and eat it too. Which one should I get? Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:54:08 PM EDT
I think it realy depends on what you want to do with the rifle when your finished building it. If you feel your use of the rifle will benefit from a two-stage trigger, then go with that one.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:52:33 PM EDT
The RRA standard trigger stinks. I am getting a RRA NM trigger as soon as possible. I may try to modify the trigger based on the suggestions around this forum, but if you don't mind the $65, I'd highly advise against the standard.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:19:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2003 3:20:58 AM EDT by WSAR15]
The RR two stage is sometimes quite bad and may work as a single stage. If you want a RR two stage, have it tuned. I had the problem and just had it tuned - I'm a happy camper now, though it is not as good as a true 2 stage Jewell (but is less expensive).
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:11:07 AM EDT
Tacman, If you want a two-stage triigger on your AR, I suggest you go with Jewell. It's an absolutely outstanding two-stage trigger. I know it's expensive, but it's worth it. --dulcenota
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:11:18 PM EDT
If all you are going to do with it is plink and CQB, you might want to save up for a nice single stage trigger. If you are slow/match shooting, two stage triggers give you a little more control. The RRA 2 stage is definitely more desireable than any standard trigger, though not the best 2-stage out there, it's a great value for the money. The amount of people who had problems with them is incredibly small as many, many, many people use the RRA match trigger with no problems. I have put thousands of rounds through mine, no problems yet. However, my other 2-stage triggers are KAC, and those are really expensive. My plinker-for-fun uses a single stage.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:17:58 AM EDT
AK_Mike, You mentioned a nice single stage trigger. Could you give me an example? You mean like a trigger job on an existing trigger or an aftermarker drop-in?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:24:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By dulcenota: Tacman, If you want a two-stage triigger on your AR, I suggest you go with Jewell. It's an absolutely outstanding two-stage trigger. I know it's expensive, but it's worth it. --dulcenota
View Quote
Ditto. Semper Fi
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 12:49:34 PM EDT
I'm not so well read on single stage triggers, but the Accuracy Speaks trigger is the one I like, but the J-P is mighty fine (and it limits overtravel). I am sure there are others out there as well.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:43:39 PM EDT
JARD is another single stage trigger you may want to look at.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:33:02 PM EDT
I agree, Jewell is the way to go, I have three of them and they all keep their adjustment and all adjustments can be made from the top of the receiver.
Top Top