Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#1]
In this country, the minority's rights are only acknowledged if said minority is popularly embraced. Only 2 things can trump gun laws:

a) the SC stops sitting on the fence & deals w/ the 2nd, a la Silviera, & rules in favor of the 'individual' view, or

b) significant #'s in the LE community to state that they would not enforce it.

Which do [i]you[/i] think has better odds of coming to pass?
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Let's see who can pitch the loudest bitch... them or us?

[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=203989]The Essential "End the AW Ban" Contact List & Sample Letter Thread[/url]

My money is on [b]US[/b]!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#3]
The 1994 Assault Weapons Ban is scheduled to sunset next September. Without new legislation to extend that law -- or replace it with the stronger law that many people believe is needed -- gun makers will once again be free to sell a fearsome array of semi-automatic weaponry whose only purpose is to terrorize. Not that such guns aren't being sold now, as the Bushmaster XM15 that was used to strike fear in metropolitan Washington, D.C. last fall makes evident. The Bushmaster XM15 is a legal gun that was adopted in cosmetic ways to get around the law.
View Quote

So let me get this straight...flash hiders and grenade launchers, purely cosmetic features, are banned because they terrorize people yet removing these items is a mere cosmetic change that acts like a loop hole in the law? Make up your minds! Either admit the evil features are only cosmetic to begin with or stop bashing rifle manufacturers when they remove the items you banned!

edit--actually the quoted part makes perfect sense if your viewpoint is that all guns are evil and should be banned completely....
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]
-- gun makers will once again be free to sell a fearsome array of semi-automatic weaponry whose only purpose is to terrorize.
View Quote

I wondered how long it would take the antis to make a connection between semi-automatic weapons and terror/terrorism.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Such senseless garbage really pisses me off.

I used to think that these people MAY have good intentions, but such blatant disregard for true facts is simply outrageous. I assume it's mostly due to their blatant disregard for knowledge as to what semi-automatic rifles really are, and the fact that sensationalism gets them their money in the careers they have (journalism, mostly, but politicians as well!).

The DC sniper case is now the posterboy for how Bushmaster is such an evil gun company that specifically makes guns to terrorize innocent American people. What amazes me is how they fail to grasp that a regular sni...erm... hunting rifle could have gotten the SAME EXACT results, or worse (since the calibers are more massive) than the AR-15.

If there is another public incident, God forbid, I'd really hope the fucker uses an M1 Garand. That way, the media can pine on how they want to ban WWII rifles because they are too powerful and inhumane.

Just for them constantly spewing forth this tripe, I will make entirely sure that my very first AR is a Bushmaster.

Perhaps there is a good way I can let them know that their constant demonizing of BM made me buy their guns (the truth is a bit different, BM simply makes really good rifles).

... speaking of which, I want to get the BM M4 when the ban sunsets, chock full of evil features, (and since I live in IL, and am 19 now, I have to convince my mom to sign for my FOID card).

Can anyone offer some info about the M4gery from BM,.. i'm guessing the LEO version, since that will be what I hope to get when the ban sunsets. Is the barrel 14.5" with a welded FH, or 16" with threads?

Also, hi guys. First post! I lurked for a good few weeks though, so I've seen some of the discussions :) Not a total newb, but a newb never-the-less.

I really hope we can defeat this bullshit though. I'd post some posters, but the one from awbsunset seem a little... well... offtopic and not quite what would convince people to vote against this. A "fact sheet" type poster that exposes that garbage for what it is would be ideal. Anyone got one?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 5:02:22 AM EDT
[#6]
God, I was hoping that the D.C. "killer"(he doesn't deserve the name sniper) was using an H&R single shot.  He could have done the same damage with one that he did with the Bushmaster and the anti's wouldn't have had another seim-auto to demonize. I'm sure that they'd have come up with something though, like "evil" scopes or "sniper weapons" , fact is that the anti's think that ALL guns are evil so in reallity there's no middle ground that'll make them happy.  They want every gun that we own, from the "evil" seim-autos to the single shot 12Ga. that your grandpa left you when he died. They won't be happy until the "pesents" in THEIR country are unarmed.  Well, I've got some bad news for them.  This is OUR country, not theirs and from what I've read on this and other forums we won't go down without a fight.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 5:18:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Unfortunately, gentlemen, I suspect that there will come a time when gunowners who don't hand over their weapons will be labeled "terrorists" and gone after with much more zeal and aggressiveness than we are going after radical Muslims now. The ACLU and others are FAR more concerned with "profiling" or "offending" resident Muslims than they ever will be for us gun owning, redneck, sister-fucking, murderous terrorists.

Then what?  
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:01:40 AM EDT
[#8]
We can definitely win this; but we can't sit on our ass and let the antis do all the letter writing if we want the ban to go away.

What has happened is George Soros (who is a large supporter of gun control) has kicked in $15 million to the Dems. Other billionaires like former HCI Board of Director and AGS founder Andrew McKelvey also support the ban. As a result, candidates are coming out to support the ban because they can pick up a lot of money.

AGS in particular is adept at selling candidates on the bizarre idea that they can still get the gun vote and ban "assault weapons" too; by misrepresenting some aspects of the debate.

If anybody but Dean gets the Dem nomination, expect to see the ban an issue in the 2004 elections.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:27:05 AM EDT
[#9]
[BS2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, gentlemen, I suspect that there will come a time when gunowners who don't hand over their weapons will be labeled "terrorists" and gone after with much more zeal and aggressiveness than we are going after radical Muslims now. The ACLU and others are FAR more concerned with "profiling" or "offending" resident Muslims than they ever will be for us gun owning, redneck, sister-fucking, murderous terrorists.

View Quote

I agree.  (unfortunately)
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#11]
you guys wait! when sept 04 comes around this will be the biggest issue of all times and these stupidfucks anti's will yell and scream and kick until a new bill will be signed.

I personally think a new bill will be signed, and this "MIGHT" be the end. I think manufacture of any type of Ar or Ak plus 40 others type of guns they have on there list will be illegal. will not leave us much to have. there is only one reason they want to ban guns is "TOTAL FUCKING CONTROL". and I really don't think this will stop at evil guns I think there driving to a complete ban just like the UK. I think that the O4 ban sunset will be a battle that we cannot lose and if we lose this guys.

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I hate articles like that.  I work hard to get my gun and magazine binging habits under control, and then something like that scares the bejeezus out of me and I start hitting the EE hard.

It helps to think about the attitude at DU before the '02 elections.  They were so confident.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top