Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/20/2003 6:04:15 AM EDT
I need you guys opinion about a few things, please; My company (www.ciatlanta.com) is in the process of creating a line of AR-15 shirts, and hats, (embroidered and screen-printed), plus possibly other goodies like Stickers, lapel pins, mugs, etc.

First of all, when I get my artist to draw an ar-15, for maximum ar-15 appeal reasons --should he draw a collapsable stock or a standard stock...16" or 20" bbl...etc., etc.?

Also, what items would you guys think would have appeal to ar-15 fanatics (like you and me)? For example, stainless coffee mug, beer stein, flashlite, magnet, etc.

On December 1st, I am going to randomly select one of the persons posting their constructive thoughts here to win a free ar-15 t-shirt, hat and pin.

Thanks very much for any help/opinions....

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:34:49 AM EDT
Can't pass up the opportunity for free stuff! You best bet would be the M4 carbine, followed by the M16A2. The M4, with all its evil black rifle features probably has the most "sex appeal." The M16A2 is for all those "purists" [;)] As for what to pt it on, I would think the lapel pin (or a tie tack?) would be cool, and coffee mugs seem like a great idea. Hope this helps, and good luck! Dawg
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:56:18 AM EDT
I want an A-2 pen for my desk at work. The forward assist could open and close the pen. (I know this is a little over the top, but it can't hurt to dream!) [peep]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:22:49 AM EDT
I love patches the most. Square patches. Next, I like t-shirts. Practical ones. Like a white t-shirt with not too much on it, maybe just a little somethign in the upper left, like a black M4 with your company name or something.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:29:49 AM EDT
Id say a M4 carbine on Pens and Stainless coffee mugs.Just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:36:40 AM EDT
i'm going to say... money clip.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:39:58 AM EDT
I'd wear a shirt that had a small AR or your logo on the front and several pictures of the major AR configurations on the back (CAR-15, M-4, M-16A2...ect). JIM
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:07:53 AM EDT
Well I have to put my $0.02 in especially for the chance to get some free stuff. I like M4 profile flat top, closed tele stock, maybe a closed BUIS, with an aimpoint mounted up top. You must have a scarey looking flash hider on it as well. You could have him draw it in a filled outline style kind of like the last batch of shirts. Another option is the same with a grenade launcher on the bottom. Black mugs with a silver or yellow rifle would look nice. Just be sure they're at least 16oz of better. Travel coffee mugs in stainless with black rifle would be nice as well. As for hats, I'd like to see something in a fitted cap, embriodered would be best. Also some catchy phrase would be nice maybe incorporating your company name or something. Also something with the gun and american flags would be nice on a shirt. Mabe an M4 with crossed flags. Business card holders may be another idea that might go over. I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:09:01 AM EDT
I'll take a shot. Go with a common AR15 configuration. Maybe most people have the standard A2 stock (though I like the skeleton stocks). 16-20" barrel is probably the most common. A2 or flattop with scope or high tech sight. The idea is to appeal to the largest number of people, so go with the most popular configurations. Items printed with just a logo will need to have a base color of black, like our Evil Black Rifles. Obviously, any items with a black rifle on them will need to have a colored background so the rifle shows up. Items of interest: Coffee cups (with BIG handles our fingers will actually fit into). Caps are always good, but don't cheap out on these. Thermos bottle? Can cooler? Coozeys? Range stuff bag? Watch? How about a high density foam shooting pad for those of us who shoot prone? Thin, so we can roll it up. Windbreaker jacket? Mouse pad? Rifle wipe-down cloth? Range record book? Pocket knife? There, that should give you something to think about. Good luck in your new venture.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:22:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/20/2003 8:38:50 AM EDT by blikbok]
Breycor: for maximum appeal to the fanatic, make sure the weapon depicted is properly named. :) Also, two well-chosen models, say the M4 and the M16A4/M203, may sell better than one. And I for one would like to see a picture of an M4 with all the evil features labeled and called out: "Baby-killing bayonet lug", etc. Flashlights: if you could get a run of Surefire G2's with AR15.com on them.... Also, we could probably get you a square-on side profile pic of the weapon you decide on for your artist to work from. LTCetme: somewhat like this one? [img]http://www.sawlesales.com/images/art/SMGCAR.GIF[/img] [url]http://www.sawlesales.com/images/art/big/SMGCAR.GIF[/url]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:09:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/20/2003 10:10:14 AM EDT by Leisure_Shoot]
How about coffee cups with A-2 style carry handles? Or even more expensively (?) a detachable carry handle [;D] Or a rail, to use our own carry handles on a large cup
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:12:41 AM EDT
M4 and t-shirts with a chest pocket!
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:21:11 AM EDT
Guess I'm a purist (or maybe just not willing to pony up the $$ for all the "extras" for an M-forgery with all the stuff hanging off it) I'd have to say an A2, preferably the standard 20" version. As for what products to put it on? Everything! [:D]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:27:22 AM EDT
DIE CAST REPLICA'S!!!!!!!!! for the art department i would say the standard 20" a2 and the M4. mike
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:27:56 AM EDT
I'd go with patches. If made in an appropriate size/shape it can be: 1) individually sold 2) sold stitched to ball caps, watch caps, sweatshirts, bags, jackets, etc. As for pattern, I think the M4's currently hold the most mystique. For oddball items, a logo'd cleaning mat could be cool
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:34:06 AM EDT
I'll give you some insight on what sells the best on my truck club site to the members. 1. T shirts big time sales. they love them. Women like the baby doll T's and spaghetti string tops. 2 hats lots of hats. 3. mouse pads 4. Polo shirts 5. stickers 6. coffee mugs. the big no spill type or the mug style you drink at home. 7. license plate brackets. Although this is a truck club so Im not sure that would work for an ar15 as for look I think the carbine would look the best.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 11:00:46 AM EDT
Thanks for all your input, guys. I've got a very newb question. If I depict an M4 style rifle, should I put: ar-15, car-15, or m4 next to the rifle picture? Got one more question: I'm probably going to produce some ar-15 wrist watches (really nice Citizen-movement ones). If I have the second hand on the watch shaped into an ar-15, would you guys think that would look cheesy, or should I just imprint an AR on the watch face? Also, would the appeal be more with a stainless wrist band, or black leather? BTW, Beer Slayer, I really like the die cast replicas idea a lot.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 11:33:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/20/2003 11:35:37 AM EDT by dawg_killer]
Originally Posted By Breycor: Got one more question: I'm probably going to produce some ar-15 wrist watches (really nice Citizen-movement ones). If I have the second hand on the watch shaped into an ar-15, would you guys think that would look cheesy, or should I just imprint an AR on the watch face? Also, would the appeal be more with a stainless wrist band, or black leather?
View Quote
AR-15 second/minute hands would be cheesy; go with an AR-15 on the face. Also, Stainless wrist band. (Might even look good with a Military-style band in OD or black.) IMPORTANT! Whatever design you go with, vet it through someone who really knows their weapons. Purists (like ar15.com) will reject even small mistakes. Good Luck!
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:46:26 PM EDT
Here's a crazy idea: How about a small AR-15 Picture frame? You can put in your pictures from the range, or military memories? You can have all sorts of designs, such as dark grey/black frame with an AR in the bottom right hand corner. Or ARs/ammo all along the frame. There are oodles of thing you could do, and personally, i've got quite a few range pictures that could use a nice small frame. Good luck!
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 1:12:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/20/2003 1:13:02 PM EDT by tivoli410]
Originally Posted By blikbok: And I for one would like to see a picture of an M4 with all the evil features labeled and called out: "Baby-killing bayonet lug", etc.
View Quote
there's this.. [img]http://www.specialoperations.com/images/sopmodm4.jpg[/img] I like the idea of a basic white T-shirt and a small black emblem on the front along with a blown up picture on the back.. much like the picture that [b]blikbok[/b] posted. and stainless coffee mugs! [edited] damn board code.. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 1:37:57 PM EDT
I would go with the normal A2 style 1st as that is what most folks have. Ideally, however, I would recommend at least two styles. The A2 and the M4ish style for broader appeal. Most non-AR folks, however, are more familiar with the 20" styles.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:07:59 PM EDT
My vote would be for the profile of an M4 with collapsable stock and ACOG on a shark tooth style hat. FWIW Doc
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:19:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tivoli410:
Originally Posted By blikbok: And I for one would like to see a picture of an M4 with all the evil features labeled and called out: "Baby-killing bayonet lug", etc.
View Quote
there's this.. [url]http://www.specialoperations.com/images/sopmodm4.jpg[/url] I like the idea of a basic white T-shirt and a small black emblem on the front along with a blown up picture on the back.. much like the picture that [b]blikbok[/b] posted. and stainless coffee mugs! [edited] damn board code.. [:D]
View Quote
I would like to print the pic you have here. I don't know if that is copywrited or not though.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:51:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/20/2003 3:52:15 PM EDT by AK_Mike]
AR-15/M16 underwear. That's for me. For the rest of the world AR-15/M16 window stickers for my truck. Maybe a doormat. Lighters. Fishhook. Pillowcase? Hey, I'm crazy like that!
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:50:17 PM EDT
Do several types of rifles. That way, guys could pick out "their rifle" to show off on whatever. 1. Quality fitted (or stretch) low-profile caps 2. Coffee mugs 3. Polo-style shirts with an embroidered logo on the breast.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:54:36 PM EDT
Maybe throw in a few different shirts that have a different Branch of Service. Like a M-16A4 with USMC above it. Or use some good quotes from OIF, such as "they wanted to die and we wanted to kill them" or the great "We took Iwo Jima, Baghdad aint shit" with crossed M-16A4s. Rangers lead the way with M4s sounds cool also. Just my throw in for a free t-shirt. Also make sure you offer some XXl shirts for the people who haven't PT'd for awhile. Myself included.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:04:37 PM EDT
If you did a clock you could have a spent .223 case for hour and a loaded .223 for min. Of course not real, but printed.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:11:31 PM EDT
If you did a clock you could have a spent .223 case for hour and a loaded .223 for min. Of course not real, but printed.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:58:48 PM EDT
http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?id=4211050604&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imagestation.com%2Fpicture%2Fsraid81%2Fpc87a6fe4ba7d48526c­6b43c25a3a7fdd%2Ffaff886c.jpg&caption=arbackground sorry for long link, but its a pic i made in PS awhile back. It reads. The AR-15 5.56 Millimeters of Teflon Coated Justice. Just thought it was a cool pic. LOL, be sure to send somone an E-card of it haha.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 9:34:33 PM EDT
try it like this.... [image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/pc87a6fe4ba7d48526c6b43c25a3a7fdd/faff886c.jpg[/image]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 9:36:07 PM EDT
plain solid color T-shirts, Logo on the back and sleeves. No pockets. Possibly something on the chest, but nothing big or flashy. Black shirts with dark grey and red writing are cool. Hats, velcro or pro-fit, no adjustable leather straps as they are ugly. Low profile with grey, silver red or white embroidery. Make sure they are all cloth hats, "trucker" hats look trashy IMO I was thinking about making a sticker, Vinyl stickers of various sizes. Just a simple pic of an AR and a little writing under it. Just keep it simple, and you will get people to buy them. :)
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 9:45:38 PM EDT
I would go for the M4 as the standard, but you have got to throw in an occasional cool accessory like a M203 or flattop with optics. I like the idea of a t-shirt with several versions of the ar-15 / m-16 on the back, or even better, a timeline starting with the first versions and going on to today's would be cool.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:15:05 AM EDT
I'll throw my hat in for 16" M4 and 20" A2 with minimal accessories. I also think it would be cool to have a slogan that advances our point. Something like "Protecting the homeland since (insert proper date)" You could run a separate thread/contest to get ideas as there are lots of creative people on this board.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 11:40:31 AM EDT
Thanks for all your input guys. Some very nice ideas presented here. When I get back from Thanksgiving vacation on 12/1/03, I'll announce the winner of the Tee, hat, pin combo.
Top Top