Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/19/2003 7:53:44 AM EDT
It's only one of those Oly Arms plinkers, with the cast reciever, but, for the price I paid for the new in the case rifle, it was worth worth the money, and a deal that was hard to beat with a stick. The fit was quite bit loose, but an accuwedge, and a couple of precision shims, tighened it up rather well, the finish is good, the paint doesn't rub off, but, I still might replace the cast lower with a forged one in a few months, even with paying an extra $100 for a new lower would still put me in a price range lower then what I've seen them advertised for retail.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:06:03 AM EDT
Congrats on the new rifle and joing the board. [beer] Only problem with replacing that lower is then you would have the makings of an unused lower that you would then have to put another upper on, thus starting the consuming cycle. Don't worry about the cast lower, just don't abuse it. Go ahead and starting planning on rifle #2 will be though!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:58:10 PM EDT
[beer]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:59:47 PM EDT
Congrats! [:)]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:55:32 PM EDT
Welcome to the club... - georgestrings
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:11:18 AM EDT
Thanks for the welcome.[beer] As far as the cast lower, it doesn't bother me, I purchased the rifle for target shooting, and since my oldest niece wants to learn how to shoot, it will probably end up being what she will be using the most, I don't have any other centerfire rifles that she would be able to shoot comfortabley. I already let her check it out, and it needs a shorty buttstock, so I'll be getting one of those instead of the forged lower. As far as the next rifle, it's a toss up between a Cav arms, I like the look of the new Mark 2 lower, my local shop has a couple of Mark 1s in stock, and I like the feel of it, and the light weight, and a Bushie dissipator, I guess it will be more of a coin toss when the time comes to put in the order, although the Bushmaster M17 Bullpup might be the one, I got to check one out this past weekend, and it looks like it might have some potential. I'm normaly a FAL kind of guy, but. since I might end up losing the plinker to my niece, and most certainly in a couple of more years, to my son, I am going to get another AR for myself.
Top Top