Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/17/2003 11:36:45 AM EDT
I just finished building an AR for reaching out and touching coyotes, foxes and the like, but I've got an itch to build an M4gery for the range and home def.  I'm wondering what to do about a couple of things....

1)  What can you do in terms of stock length?  I don't know if I want a full A2 length stock, but I'm also leery of a really short tactical entry stock.  Is it possible to weld a collapsable stock in a position in between those two lengths and have it be post-ban legal?  I'm leaning towards a Vltor stock right now.

2)  What route is best for muzzle brakes/faux flash hiders?  I would like to go with CMMG for the parts purchases as I have had great luck with them in the past.  However, they attach a Miculek brake to the end of the DPMS M4 uppers to achieve post ban length.  I haven't yet fired my new AR with the Miculek brake and I probably won't be able to until Christmas.  Is the Miculek good for M4gery-style apps or should I look at something else?

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#1]
One more question:

What sort of handguards or rail system should I look at if I plan to mount a vertical grip up front and an EoTech up top?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Just buy a new Bushy Varminter. They're the best for accuracy.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I am pretty sure that you can buy an adjustable stock and pin it in one position to make it legal in a postban rifle.  You may also want to check out the A1 stocks, which are just a little shorter than A2s.  I think Cavalry Arms has some, and Vltor makes their own version of an A1 stock.

[url]http://www.cavalryarms.com/C1.html[/url]

[url]http://vltor.com/order.htm[/url]

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:31:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  I'll have to ask about the length on the Vltor stocks - at least as compared to the ACE stock I have now.

Any thoughts on rails/mounts and brakes?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top