Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/14/2003 11:45:11 PM EDT
I have to say I love my 3 Bushmasters but I took a look at the RRA Bolt carrier my buddy got tonight and not only was fit and finish excellent but the whole inside of the carrier key was hard chromed.I love the bottom of the carrier closed also.And the bolt already came with a heavy duty extractor spring with black insert,needless to say I was very impressed.I love bushmaster rifles but my next rifle will be a RRA and I am going to start buying parts from them,Same quality as bushmaster but cheaper and in the case of the carrier and key I think superior.He got a hammer also and even though its notched the notch groove is half the size of a bushmaster nothed hammer.He also purchased an upper flat top and it had the same key hole mark as my bushy post ban.So evidently some companies must get parts from the same sources or have the parts made to their specs.From now on RRA parts all the way.I am changing my carriers to RRA as well as my hammers and trigger guards.Very pleased with RRA quality wich is very high at a low price.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:32:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Now if only they would ship my rifle. =)

~AbM
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:50:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
the whole inside of the carrier key was hard chromed.
View Quote

It should be, I'd be surprised if BFI's weren't given that most of those little parts are bought from the same shops. Even the keys from my former employer were chromed.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#3]
on my bushmaster keys only the first little part of the inside is chromed and my post ban is only 10 months old unless they have started doing it.The quality is surprisingly good and thats coming from a person who is reluctant to try any other parts other than bushie,I like to stick with a good thing once I find it for piece of mind.Also I live close to where pete from legal transfers has his shop and now I can get all the parts I want without paying shipping and some of his RRA parts are cheaper than what the catalog for RRA offers parts for.To ABSOLUTE hang in there from what I have seen so far they are worth the wait,I think bushmaster finaly has some quality competition although no matter what type of AR I get Ill always stick with bushy barrels or even colt because they are the only ones who stick to the spec of using 4150 steel and MP inspect them.I was also told by pete that RRA MP inspects their parts also like Bushmaster but does not mark them.I have also heard that RRA is now a government contractor any one know if this is true?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Also I live close to where pete from legal transfers has his shop
View Quote

Really? I live in Exeter. We should get together and go shooting sometime [:)]

I have also heard that RRA is now a government contractor any one know if this is true?
View Quote

RRA and Colt just won a sizable DEA contract.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Im right across the border in massachusetts just about 30 minutes away.927
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 11:02:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have also heard that RRA is now a government contractor any one know if this is true?
View Quote

View Quote

FAGS !
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 11:11:54 PM EDT
[#7]
My buddy just bought a RRA lower and it's got the govt' markings on it "U.S. Property". I'm not sure if you'll be able to buy the govt' marked ones once they start producing for thier contract. May be worth getting one now.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:09:27 AM EDT
[#8]
us property lowers are a "pete-in-NH" thing at ar15sales.com
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:00:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
us property lowers are a "pete-in-NH" thing at ar15sales.com
View Quote

...and it doesn't mean anything. It isn't nor ever was U.S. Property. You should just call him and ask him if you can get one with your name engraved in it. It would mean more like that.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

FAGS !
View Quote

Let me guess...

You're 12, right? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:51:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought some AR upper receivers and upper internals from both BFI and RRA about a year ago.  The BFI receiver had a little nicer finish.  The BFI bolt carrier was quite a bit nicer.  Other than those two items, everything was about the same.

The lettering on RRA lowers looks cheap compared to BFI's.

The trap door on the BFI A2 stocks I have seen are easier to open than anyone elses.

Even though in my experience BFI stuff is a little nicer than RRA, I don't think BFI is worth the 20-60% extra it costs.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I dont see what a RRA carrier has than an M16 Bushmaster carrier does not.  I am happy with mine but if I had to build a rifle right now I d get the milspec $99 Colt bolt/carrier combo from CDNN over a RRA any day.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#13]
What's with the RRA bashing all of a sudden?
Superior is debatable but their quality is as nice as the ABC's.
Devl, I am sure that the Colt/Bushmaster M16 carriers are just as good as the RRA ones,or even better, but some of us would rather not tempt fate with the FA carrier per the  SUGGESTION by ATF.

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Boy, this thread has gone downhill fast!  

Pete has RRA stamp his lowers "U.S. Property" as an added bonus, it has nothing to do with it actually being US Gov't Property.  It's just something cool like Fulton Armory stamping theirs with "U.S. Rifle".  I fail to see has something so simple has created a pissing match.  Oh well, to each his own I guess.

Most people are finding out that RRA is producing quality that is on par with the big 3 but for less money.  The rifles that Pete & Steve @ ADCO are offering are every bit as nice as anything out there.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Well said M4 and that was my point I love bushmaster but not the extra cost when I can get just as good quality from RRA and even better for less and to DEVL my carrier keys on the bushmasters are only chromed on the front part that contacts the gas tube the RRA one is chromed all the way down to the gas hole on the top of the carrier.I just think RRA parts are equal quality at a cheaper price.You can get a tele stock assembly with H buffer for $20 bucks less and the best thing is that Im 30 minutes away from pete so I dont have to wait for them to be shipped as he always has every thing in stock at his place wich is really convienent because I get impatient when I want parts and hate to wait.So in a couple of weeks ILL have 2 used but excellent condition bolt carriers with keys bushmaster made if any one wants them.And to CJAN_NH id love to hit the range with ya sometime and go shootin with a fellow AR15.comer and my buddy whos also a site member if you dont mind the extra company.I have friends who live in derry and I can drop the wife off there while we all hit the range...927 she usually goes to but shes a 1911 person and dont shoot the rifles even though I bought one for her...oh well more for me.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
on my bushmaster keys only the first little part of the inside is chromed and my post ban is only 10 months old unless they have started doing it.
View Quote

The print calls for the first (from the mouth) 0.82" to be chromed. If it's not I'd call BFI on it. They have a forum here but I don't want to post there to ask. I've been giving them a persecution complex apparently. [lol]
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I will stick with [url]www.BUSHMASTER.com[/url] products. I suggest you two take it to the Bear Pit.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#18]
To TWEAK maybe you misunder stood me my carrier key is chromed to the spec as you explained but the RRA one is completely chromed on the inside right down to the gas hole that lines up with the hole on the carrier wich is great I think.I still love bushmaster I just wish they were a little cheaper.Back in the day when I bought what are now prebans you could buy Bushie lowers for $90.Also maybe some one could answer this,I noticed rock river hammers are notched half the legnth of what bushmasters are,are these the new type hammers ?or are the new ones not notched at all.Im gonna get a couple and just want to know what to ask for.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 10:14:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
the RRA one is completely chromed on the inside right down to the gas hole that lines up with the hole on the carrier wich is great I think.
View Quote

Depends on if the chroming there changed the diameter of the hole.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#20]
No its still the same diameter just all hard chromed on the inside.What about the hammers are the new ones un notched? or notched just a little.The RRA one is notched only half as long as the bushmaster one.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#21]
To WOMBRAIDER,it was brought to my attention the harshness of my earlier reply wich I deleted,If you were truly joking as you say I can forgive and forget.I was a bit out of line as to my response but your reply originaly with no indication it was a joke was in bad taste in any event next time you "joke" like that maybe you could take the extra step to make sure its not taken the wrong way and I wont be so quick to fly off the handle.927 out.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top