Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/11/2003 10:54:18 AM EDT
I have a pre-ban upper with a threaded A2 Birdcage flash suppresor, and am looking into obtaining a Class III Sound Suppressor.

Are there any stand out units out there that will thread onto the existing thread pattern that I have?

My priorities for the unit in order of importance are:

1. Db reduction
2. Longevity
3. Compactness
4. Ease of Maintenance
5. Cost
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 11:08:59 AM EDT
Since cost is your last priority I would suggest you check out [url]http://www.johnsguns.com/[/url] I saw his unit at Knob Creek shoot this year and it's nice. Don't go by just what's listed on his website. John is not too internet savy and it does not reflect all his products. Also check out Advanced Armaments Ranger can. Best thing going in the medium priced market. Of course SWR with Joe Gadinni has a large following. There are many makers, some definatly to avoid. If warranty work is important to you stick with a top name that does silencers as thier only business. Lots of manuf. like myself come and go and can not offer support long term since we are just peoples and not industry icons. Also more NFA oriented people are in the M16 forum. Your guestions will be seen by more opinions there.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 11:51:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By David_Hineline: I saw his unit at Knob Creek shoot this year and it's nice.
View Quote
Which one? When I was at his ranch he had two. A standard thread on, and a special HBAR thread on that required some barrel past the front sight. Kind of like a REFLEX Design.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 1:20:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By David_Hineline: "I saw his unit at Knob Creek shoot this year and it's nice." Seems like a Freudian slip. Perhaps your father did not love you enough. Sorry couldn't help it- you said "unit".
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 2:55:12 PM EDT
American Manufacture Bowers John Norell Advanced Armament Gemtech Tactical Innovations Sound Tech These are my recommended list of suppressor manufacturers. BTW, your #1 choice of dB reduction will depend on many variables, including temp, ammo, and # of rounds fired. I would'nt choose one over the other over dB, as their are more important things to consider, like ease of maintenance.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 3:09:09 PM EDT
Of the suppressors that I've owned or had substantial experience with, my choices are: 1) SWR 2) KAC 3) AAC Both the SWR and KAC cans are exceptional, but the cost is proportionate to their performance. AAC makes a solid can, and at a very reasonable price.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 3:26:15 PM EDT
Thanks to all who have responded. I appreciate your insight and will do a little more research now that you pointed me in the right direction.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:03:55 PM EDT
Check OPS INC. I was able to test their suppressors extensively. By far it is very durable in full auto fire no maintenance and improves accuracy. Phone number is (530) 474-3777 and ask for Phil.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:05:54 PM EDT
does anmy else have more info on john's guns? i sent him an email and would like to hear more about his products.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 7:15:53 PM EDT
John used to not know how to return Emails. Maybe he is learning. I would suggest a call. His 22lr integrals won the first SAR supressor trials done at knob creek, since then he had to quit his day job and do silencers full time. His claim to fames were the integral Camp 45 Marlins and Ruger 44 bolt action integrals. The .223 I saw at knob creek was a screw on and made from stainless with Inconel internals.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:44:02 AM EDT
john does know how to email. i just got a reply this morning. he pointed me to this link. http://www.johnsguns.us he says he builds a .223 suppressor for the military. does anyone know who uses it? i'm going to give him a call, but his name hasn't come up in any of the other suppressor discussions. just looking for a bit more background on his products.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 6:25:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By GDITheman: john does know how to email. i just got a reply this morning. he pointed me to this link. [url]http://www.johnsguns.us[/url] he says he builds a .223 suppressor for the military. does anyone know who uses it? i'm going to give him a call, but his name hasn't come up in any of the other suppressor discussions. just looking for a bit more background on his products.
View Quote
Link made hot.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 6:59:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/12/2003 7:03:41 AM EDT by RenegadeX]
Originally Posted By GDITheman: he says he builds a .223 suppressor for the military. does anyone know who uses it? i'm going to give him a call, but his name hasn't come up in any of the other suppressor discussions. just looking for a bit more background on his products.
View Quote
Obviously I do not have his customer list, but he told me he made some sales at Fort Benning last year. John is well-known in the industry, though it may appear his marketing strategy is word of mouth. I have several of his products, and they are all excellent. This also his site: [url=http://www.johnsguns.com]John's Guns[/url] Be advised there is also someone in Ohio or Indiana or somewhere that sells suppressors under then name "John's Guns" This is not the same person. You want John Tibbetts from Voss Texas, previously Palestine, Texas.
Top Top