Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/10/2003 4:39:26 AM EDT
Hello. I just bought a RRA AR-15 about 3 mos ago. I've been using GA Arms and Ammo for my gun since I bought it. However, I was just informed that this ammo could blow the barrel right off the gun because it was pre-loaded (or something like that).  

What ammo should I use? Is the Lake City demilled ammo safer/more reliable?

Thanks for any help....
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:28:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Allow me...[BS2]

Somebody's pulling your leg wilbur, either that or they don't know any better.  I can't count how many thousands of rounds of Georgia Arms ammunition I've shot; enough to make my UPS man hate me.  I don't buy much pistol ammunition from them any more because the Wally World 9mm is so cheap, but I'll swear by their rifle ammunition.  The Georgia Arms .308 match has out shot everything else, including FGMM, in my Steyr, and their .223 cal 55grn NBT (reloads) is some of the most accurate ammunition I have ever fired.  They make a VERY high quality product at a price that is hard to beat.

Don't worry, be Happy.[:D]
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:28:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive always had good results with Ga arms ammo. I haven't bought any AR15 ammo. But gotten there pistol, .357 , 9mm , and .30 M1 carbine ammo. Never had any problems out of it. Thats my experiance.Maybe someone else will chip in. And you  might get alot more responces if you move this to Georgia's hometown forum.I would think anyhow. But from your post its really hard to tell whta you have heard is wrong with the ammo. As a general rule, you supposely Shouldn't shoot 5.56 ammo out of a .223 chambered barrel. You can shoot .223 out of a 5.56 chambered barrel.You can also shoot both .223 and 5.56 out of a Wylde chambered barrel.What the difference is  how far back the lands are set .A .223 chamber the lands are closer to the  bullet tip (.08 ). the 5.56 being father away(.160 ).Wylde being a go between. I hope I gotten that straight.Still drinking my morning coffee. :) If not one of these guys will set me straight.  :) Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:40:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I've shot thousands of rounds of Ga Arms Ammo through my AR.

I'm pretty sure that they are marketing they're .223 ammo AS demilled Lake City ammo.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:44:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Let me add to Rabbit's comment.

[BS] [BS] [BS] [BS] [BS] [BS] [BS] [BS]
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:45:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe my leg has been pulled. The folks at David's Gun Room in Norcorss (Atlanta) told me that they've know of 3 diff. police officers that had major problems with GA Arms ammo.

The reason I believed them is because they didn't try to sell me ammo from their store.

Lake City demilled ammo is cheaper than Ga Arms. Should I try that?

Thanks again..
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:55:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Again.........

If I'm not totally mistaken the people at Ga Arms told me the ammo I buy from them IS Lake City demilled ammo.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I just read quite a bit on the Ammo FAQ and it had this to say: "Sellier & Bellot has increasingly been causing "Kabooms" (kB!s)--causing rifles to explode because of weak casings and poor quality control.  You may wish to avoid this ammo."

So some of you are saying this simply isn't possible with GA Arms ammo? Maybe their quality control went down the tubes.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#8]
No sir .To say anything isn't possible would be a fool.But Im saying in the 2000 rnds of Ga arms ammo Ive personally shot Ive had no problems. Why not call Ga arms or drive over to them and talk to the guys...???? WD
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Absolute [BS].  I'll finish up my first 1k this weekend and I'll be ordering another 1k in the very near future.  It's quality ammo at an unbeatable price, plus their employees are extremely friendly.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#10]
My police dept uses Ga arms 5.56 FMJ reloads for training and we have shot over 30,000 rds with no problems but a few rounds thats didnt fire.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I've shot in the 9000-1000  of there canned heat in all been LC brass and shot outstanding. I honestly can't even think of a misfire. You can't beat it for a soild practice ammo.

CLinth
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I run their stuff through my AR-10s and Bushmaster and not because it is cheap.

Dave S
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I've shot in the 9000-10000 range of thier canned heat, its all been LC brass and shot outstanding. I honestly can't even think of a misfire. You can't beat it for a soild practice ammo.

Clinth
so I'd say :

[img]http://web.acsalaska.net/~cdhansen/bsmeter1.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#14]
They sell reloads.  I bought some 45ACP and had problems.  Was given the B.S. runaround. End result, they would not stand behind their product.

I can guarantee their ammo will newver cause me any more problems, because I will never buy another round of their junk.  

Link Posted: 11/12/2003 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#15]
My Mac and my Glock like their Sub Sonics 9mm.
My rifles like their .223 for both accuracy and price.

And I’m having a problem with all the empty 30. cal ammo cans.  I can use only so much at once.

Georgia Arms Canned Heat Rule!
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
And I’m having a problem with all the empty 30. cal ammo cans.  I can use only so much at once.
View Quote

Great! I'll take those empty cans you don't seem to need...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top