Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/9/2003 2:05:41 PM EDT
I assume there is an FAQ or serial number listing somehwere on AR15.com to answer this, but long story short:  If I am buying a preban (especially on the EE) how do I verify that it was actually a fully built preban prior to the 1994 AW ban?  

Thanks,
Dawg
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Here you go:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/content/legal/serialNumberList.html[/url]
Danny
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, took me 3 tries to get it right.

Danny
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I assume there is an FAQ or serial number listing somehwere on AR15.com to answer this, but long story short:  If I am buying a preban (especially on the EE) how do I verify that it was actually a fully built preban prior to the 1994 AW ban?  

Thanks,
Dawg
View Quote

The only way to know for sure is to contact the company that built it and have them verify it's status.  If it's a Bushmaster, they have a link on their web site that you enter the serial number and they will email you a few days later with the results.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, I really appreiciate it!

Some serious bad legislation might pass here in IL on Dec 31st, so I think I will just take the plunge and get a preban now!

Dawg
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks guys, I really appreiciate it!

Some serious bad legislation might pass here in IL on Dec 31st, so I think I will just take the plunge and get a preban now!

Dawg
View Quote

Sunset or no sun set, the law stays the same in NY so I picked up one this past summer.  If the prices keep dropping I may pick up another and build a SPR. [:D]  As it is I'm building an M4gery outta this preban Bushy.  I'll either change my thre posties into 20 inchers or maybe strip one incase I need parts.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Ditto for IL.  If the IL senate bill SB1195 passes, it looks like you are stuck with what you have, and the way the legislation is written in theory it might even be illegal to  buy replacement parts for AR's.  Crossing my fingers and hoping (plus some serious petitioning) but expecting the worst...
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 1:28:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top