Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/9/2003 4:02:41 AM EDT
XM15E2
SN 02760
marked "Barrington IL" on the LS of the magwell.

he
I'm about to tear it down and see if the mag catch is broken. Any ideas/insoght on the ID would be VERY helpful!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:37:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe?  Mine is marked:

CAL 5.56 MM
XM 15 E2
SER 07XXX

on the LS of the mag well and:

SENDRA CORP.
BARRINGTON IL

above the trigger, at the very top of the lower receiver, not the mag well.  Your serial number is lower so maybe they moved the markings?  I have no problems with it at all as far as mags and parts fitting and think it's a great receiver.  Mine was purple when I bought it a few years ago.  I sent it and an upper to DPMS for re-anodizing and they came out great.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Did you catch it in a mouse trap?

Mine is marked on the bolt release side:
CAL 5.56MM
XM 15 E2
ser
 086xx

Above the trigger is marked:
SENDRA CORP.
BARRINGTON. IL.

It is said that the post ban ones have a circle on the other side of the mag well. .....
If you need any help with it let me know. I think I am close to where you are and have plenty of spare parts.

Did you make the shoot at FT. Gordon?
View Quote

Thanks for the update.

Made the shoot at FGGA (made several 610m down-the pipe shots into a tank hatch using my L1A1 and USGI tracer 7.62x51). We had 9 FPs, and about 13 shooters. Had an 1898 maxim, a 1908 Maxim, 1913 Vickers, and several of the usual suspects. Shot a NICE Knight SR-25 that was incredibly accurate! And pumpkins got slaughtered before our malice!

No circle on LS of the magwell. I'll do a complete teardown shortly and see what else is up. I wonder about the absence of the Sendra name. Weird.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:32:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the only way to know is to track the SN. Fed.gov published production numbers at ATF website IIRC. More to follow.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is said that the post ban ones have a circle on the other side of the mag well.
View Quote

Many post-bans do, and certainly, the presence of a circle guarentees that the gun is post-ban.  But many post-bans are NOT marked, and remember that the burden of proving pre-ban status is on the gunowner, not the prosecution.  Lack of the circle is NO guarentee of pre-ban status.

-Troy
View Quote

I have a local guy that swares he bought a Sendra with the circle in June or July of 94
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:40:01 AM EDT
[#7]
EMDII - Put down the FAL and back slowly away.[:D]

Glad to see you on the board.  You realize that if you build yourself an AR, you'll have to be satisfied with putting holes in the targets, instead of blowing the targets off the stands with muzzle blast.[:D]
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 1:48:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
EMDII - Put down the FAL and back slowly away.[:D]

Glad to see you on the board.  You realize that if you build yourself an AR, you'll have to be satisfied with putting holes in the targets, instead of blowing the targets off the stands with muzzle blast.[:D]
View Quote

:wink:
Hey , been a fan of the AR since 1970 (draft dodging enlistee). But I've been a fan of the FAL/L1A1 since 1960, in the Congo. Had a platoon in the yark from the UK. I learned d/a of the L1A1, M1919A6, and BHP LONG before I ever saw an M16!
[size=1]Must stop consorting w/ the enemy![/size=1]
:rofl:

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top