Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/8/2003 7:57:52 AM EDT
I'm still working on my first m4gery and have been struck by all of the new telestock alternatives (VLTOR, Ace, etc) that are popping up.

A couple questions:
1. Has anyone seen pics or have info on any of these telestocks being in US Military use(SF or other)?
2. Are any of the new telestocks available in a fixed postban position?
3. Advice on which is best and why?

Many thanks!

Will
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 12:23:17 PM EDT
I just purchased a Vltor carbine modstock and it is excellent. Super comfortable and with the five adjustments it is easy to find just the right spot. I don't know if the military is using them or not. It seems very durable with no play in it like allot of the telescoping stocks that I have seen.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 2:07:44 PM EDT
I also have a Vltor and it's VERY solid.There are pictures floating around here of US military using the Vltor and the Cavarms M4 stocks.The Magpul is also being used by the Marines? I don't believe any of them are legal on a postban except for the A1 and A2 Vltor stocks.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:12:18 PM EDT
If you're working on a post ban, check out this link. You might find it very useful: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=173666&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:20:17 PM EDT
I just installed a Magpull stock on my M4 based on being able to get my hands on Pat Rodgers gun during a recent carbine class i attended. I was impressed enough to buy one. After firing it recently, in both semi and full auto, i came to the conclusion that the price was worth it. Never thought i'd say that, especially for what "accessories" cost for these guns, but that was my conclusion...YMMV
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:49:38 PM EDT
Both Vltor and Magpul stocks are on military guns. Both are available in fixed versions. Each stock has a following, and each of the two are fantastic upgrades. Go with either and you will be pleased.
Top Top