Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/7/2003 11:36:22 PM EDT
this is just a hypothetical question- I understand the legal issues. My questions is this will a m16 BOLT CARRIER function properly in an ar15? Everything is stock ar15 except for the BOLT CARRIER. Im asking this because I have seen pictures of the bolt carriers and the m16 one looks heavy duty. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:09:56 AM EDT
YES.......!!
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:59:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 6:07:15 AM EDT
Absolutely fine. One minor suggestion though. Most AR15s have a hammer that's notched at the top front for the cutaway firing pin areas. I've gone ahead and replaced the stock AR hammers w/the M16 type, which do not have the notch. I find cycling just a bit smoother w/the unnotched type. In the past, I've had to buy M16 hammers, and cut off the full auto sear tip at the rear. Recently though, the aftermarket folks seem to be putting out unnotched AR hammers. Bought a DPMS lower a few months back that came w/ the right type, and I've seen posts that Bushie has also stopped notching the AR hammers. The full auto carriers will work just fine w/ the notched style. Just that I prefer matching the carrier and hammer surfaces[:D]
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 9:07:06 AM EDT
i have a colt m16 complete carrier and bolt from cdnn do i have to change my m16 firing pin, or are they the same thing as a ar15. one more thing if i run a knights match trigger will i have a problem with the trigger useing my m16 carrier. thanks
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 2:07:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/8/2003 2:12:45 PM EDT by shamayim]
Re the firing pin, no you can use the assy just as you got it. The only diiference in the FPs was that the collar in the rear of the AR pin was made slightly smaller, so it wouldn't overlap the cutaway portion on the AR carriers, that's under the firing pin. As a practical matter, you can use either type of FP on the M16 carrier, but since your unit came complete, put it in and fire away[:D] Re the trigger, I have no experience with them, but I shouldn't imagine that it would be a problem, unless the trigger assy extends so far back that the undersurface of the caarier would hit it coming full forward. If so, I'd just grind back the shoulder on the underside back just far enough so that it didn't hit the trigger assy. Easy enough to check. Just install the carrier assy, and see whether or not everything works[:D]
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 5:36:36 PM EDT
Not necessarily. Just today i put my CDNN Colt B/C in my blue-label sporter and the sear block interfers with the carrier to the extent that i can't even close my upper enough to latch it. This is the last straw the block has to go!
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 2:39:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By curt: Not necessarily. Just today i put my CDNN Colt B/C in my blue-label sporter and the sear block interfers with the carrier to the extent that i can't even close my upper enough to latch it. This is the last straw the block has to go!
View Quote
Sorry, forgot about that POS early type block. Don't own one. Maybe that's why I never traded in my SP1[:D]
Top Top