Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/4/2003 6:56:55 PM EDT
I just ordered an Olympic Arms PCR-16 which will be my first AR-15. I don't have any experience with any of these so I have a few questions if someone can help me out. Will Weaver rings fit the Picatinny flat top or do I need special rings? What kind of bipod would be easiest to mount? What type mags are the best? I have not handled this particular model but it looked the best for what I want to do which is use it for Coyotes. I hope I bought a good one.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:10:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By pacecars: I just ordered an Olympic Arms PCR-16 which will be my first AR-15. I don't have any experience with any of these so I have a few questions if someone can help me out.
View Quote
Good for you, welcome to the addiction. [;D]
Will Weaver rings fit the Picatinny flat top or do I need special rings?
View Quote
Sorry I don't know.
What kind of bipod would be easiest to mount?
View Quote
Probably a Harris.
What type mags are the best?
View Quote
Stick with any USGI, I like Snghez the best, but that's personal preference.
I have not handled this particular model but it looked the best for what I want to do which is use it for Coyotes. I hope I bought a good one.
View Quote
.223 is a great round for yotes. Olympic is a good brand. Will you be handloading?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 9:14:39 PM EDT
[b]"olympic is a good brand"[/b] the ammo or the AR? havn't heard too many good things about olympic .223.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:36:31 AM EDT
you'll need to buy a stud to put under your handguards to mount a harris bipod. 1 inch "weaver" rings will fit your flattop rail.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:53:09 AM EDT
Welcome and enjoy your rifle. [beer]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:18:01 AM EDT
Thanks. I have the equipment but haven't reloaded in a long time. Would it be economical to reload with all the cheap .223 ammo around, or should I stay away from surplus stuff?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:00:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By pacecars: Thanks. I have the equipment but haven't reloaded in a long time. Would it be economical to reload with all the cheap .223 ammo around, or should I stay away from surplus stuff?
View Quote
I reload 223 when I want supreme, handloaded accuracy. Aside from that I stick to military surplus like Lake City M193. At a price of about $179 to $199 per thousand delivered it isn't much more expensive than reloading.
Top Top