Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/4/2003 11:34:00 AM EDT
I am looking at getting either the Advanced Armament or the GG&G rail that attaches to the bottom of your standard AR hand guard via screws. The only thing I am looking to do with it is to use a vertical grip with it. Just wondering if anyone has this type of system and how sturdy is it. The AAC rail used 2 screws to mount it and the GG&G uses 3. Does this make a difference in stability? The AAC is cheaper and extends the full length of the hand guard and the GG&G rail does not, however, do to the 3 screw mounting, I wonder if it is a little sturdier than the AAC rail. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:43:14 AM EDT
I'd say GG&G - I've tried the AAC rail and found its a bit out of spec. It will work for those items that 'clamp' but has problems for items that 'slide over the rail' then grip.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:47:27 AM EDT
slamfire, first WELCOME to AR15.com !! I too suggest the GG&G rail mainly because I've used that rail and know it works. 5sub
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:49:54 AM EDT
Both the AAC and GG&G rails that I have used had two screws. But either way they are both bolted to plastic through the hest shield. There will be a lot of movement and flex from the handguards not the rail. I would get the AAC, cheaper and longer. Then save for a better / more solid system. Ray
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 3:03:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RH33: Both the AAC and GG&G rails that I have used had two screws. But either way they are both bolted to plastic through the hest shield. There will be a lot of movement and flex from the handguards not the rail. I would get the AAC, cheaper and longer. Then save for a better / more solid system. Ray
View Quote
I tried the AAC rail, and know a guy who tried the GG&G rail. We both had the same experience that Ray did. That is why I am the proud owner of a new RAS II. It rocks!!!! Monty
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:48:49 PM EDT
Thank you for the info.
Top Top