Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2003 10:11:18 AM EDT
Hypothetically speaking- if the ban were to sunset. Are we able to remove the pins from post-ban tele-stocks to make them functional, my question is not as to the legality but are the look alike telestocks actually functional if the pins are removed?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I can only speak of the Colt fixed telestock that I recently removed from my new M4 carbine:

No, it cannot be made to retract even if the pins are removed. It lacks the mechanism to move, and there is a buffer tube extension that goes all the way to the end. Visualize a long buffer tube with the shell of a retractable stock bolted directly through it and you'll get the idea.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#2]
you'd have to get a new one, and toss the old one away. New telestocks only cost about 70 bucks anyway though.

What i strongly suggest you should do is ditch what you have RIGHT NOW. I sold my post ban fixed stock on ebay for $80, and bought an ACE ARFX-E stock.
Reason is that if (and hopefully) the ban expires, that stock won't sell for a penny.
Replace it with something you can still sell in case thing turn out good for us. IMHO
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
you'd have to get a new one, and toss the old one away. New telestocks only cost about 70 bucks anyway though.

Reason is that if (and hopefully)[red]WHEN[/red] the ban expires, that stock won't sell for a penny.
Replace it with something you can still sell in case thing turn out good for us. IMHO
View Quote

Precisely the reason I went with a 20" A3 with A2 buttstock. The only thing i need to do to make it "correct" is add a threaded barrel with bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 3:45:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think the WHEN is necessary pulpsmack, is it?

The real sentence is ...that if the ban expires...

The portion within the parenthesis is an additional comment not part of the real sentence.

hehehe Grammar Police strikes again! [;)]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top