Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/3/2003 5:09:56 PM EDT
Got my new m4 dissy barrel in today, its being mounted with a free float tube, so I dont need the barrel nut and need to get the gas block off to remove it. The front sight was pretty tight, but with a little kroil and elbow grease it came off. The gas block however, won't budge. There isn't much there for leverage either, so anyone have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:32:31 PM EDT
If you've got the pins out and the gas tube backed out of the way, put a block of wood on the back of it and hit the wood with a hammer.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:29:06 PM EDT
Never having seen a dissapator taken apart myself. But the basic pressed on sleeve thing will apply. With a pressed on sleeve over a solid shaft if they are both heated the sleeve will expand faster than the shaft. So put a propane torch to the gas block and cool the barrel and it should come off. If not a bigger hammer needs to be involved.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:42:03 PM EDT
Thanks guys, problem solved through judicious use of applied force with a blunt object...lol. Kind of irritating having to knock the gas block off a brand new barrel with a hammer, but hey it worked. I guess it's good there is no chance of it coming off on it's own...:-O Since bushmaster puts it all together then finishes it, guess it leaves some rough edges to overcome.
Top Top