Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/3/2003 4:33:56 PM EDT
Knights is going to triple there production. Heres the article.http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/localstoryN1103GUNMAKER.htm
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:11:12 PM EDT
Good for them!! And for the people and economy of Titusville!! I was out there in July. Just around the corner from KSC. Not anything near as touristy as Orlando. Not as white-trash as Daytona Beach.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:40:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/3/2003 7:41:05 PM EDT by knightsar]
Yes, more production means lower prices for us. I hope the quality don't suffer though. I would like to add a few to my stables.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:47:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jercdevil: Knights is going to triple there production. Heres the article.[url]http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/localstoryN1103GUNMAKER.htm[/url]
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:40:07 PM EDT
For those who saw KAC/KMS new home at the old McDonell Douglas Tomahawk plant in Titusville - I would say triple is an understatement... I cannot see them letting quality slip. But can't wait for them to get up an running.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 10:11:07 PM EDT
That's great! Now maybe one day I'll have the money to buy some of their stuff; I hate looking, and NOT being able to buy...
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 4:44:18 AM EDT
Excited to hear it; but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Knights wasn't tripling production with us in mind.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:00:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Zardoz: That's great! Now maybe one day I'll have the money to buy some of their stuff; I hate looking, and NOT being able to buy...
View Quote
I am in that boat too. Keep dreaming of an ACOG as well....
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:13:38 AM EDT
I didn't think KAC liked us lowly citizens anyway!
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:36:09 AM EDT
I could conceivably get a job there. I have some machinist experience and the commute is manageable from my location. About 45 minutes or so via I-95. However, I doubt I'd want to bring my home machined lower receiver (or the complete rifle) as a resume'. Doesn't seem like the thing to do. CJ
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:28:10 AM EDT
I was in the area and didn't see any signs for KAC. :( Do they have tours?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:38:40 AM EDT
Oooh, nice. Maybe it's time for a website too. [:)]
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 9:14:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Jetlag: Oooh, nice. Maybe it's time for a website too. [:)]
View Quote
They have one. Have for some months now. [url]www.knightarmco.com[/url]
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:42:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Hawkeye:
Originally Posted By Jetlag: Oooh, nice. Maybe it's time for a website too. [:)]
View Quote
View Quote
Oh, sorry, maybe they'll finish their website then.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 12:43:02 PM EDT
Gee, I wonder what'll end up in their trash can? [:D] I think I'll submit a bid to get their scrap metal recycling contract NOW! [BD] CJ
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 2:26:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Jetlag:
View Quote
View Quote
Oh, sorry, maybe they'll finish their website then.
View Quote
[;)]
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 2:33:29 PM EDT
Why do you think this means lower prices?
Originally Posted By knightsar: Yes, more production means lower prices for us. I hope the quality don't suffer though. I would like to add a few to my stables.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 2:34:49 PM EDT
Its one of the worst websites I've ever seen.
View Quote
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 3:23:46 PM EDT
tthiel, Knigths Armament Company consentrates on US Military, US Gov't and foreign Mil/Gov't contracts. A snappy website geared for civilians is not a requirement for the above. Dealers and Mil/Gov't entities can gets KAC/KMC's catalagoues very easily and KAC has excellent gov't/military customer service. I am sure as they get settled in the Titusville plant that the website will get a greater amount of attention, when they have a greater amount of production time to devote to the civilian audience. -Kevin
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 3:50:37 PM EDT
Go figure I just bought me a SR-15M4 in August.Currently have 400 rounds thru it with out a hickup. This is a great weapon.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 4:27:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/4/2003 4:28:57 PM EDT by knightsar]
Originally Posted By tthiel: Why do you think this means lower prices?
Originally Posted By knightsar: Yes, more production means lower prices for us. I hope the quality don't suffer though. I would like to add a few to my stables.
View Quote
View Quote
Supply and demand usally makes prices come down. They make one of the best AR's and I hope that sometime everyone can enjoy one.
Top Top