Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2003 10:21:13 PM EDT
I'm in the market for stripped lowers, was opting for OLY but was clued in that Colt stripped lowers are available....where/who?
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 11:34:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Just keep in mind that if you buy a stripped Colt lower you will also have to supply .170 pin FCG parts.

Don't get me wrong, I own three Colts and have had far fewer problems with Colt ARs than with my old non-Colt ARs. Just wanted to let you know that building a Colt from scratch is more expensive because of the pin size, and the fact that Colt stripped lowers are pricier than other brands.

If cost isn't an issue then more power to you [:)]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:33:32 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.kyimports.com/accessor.htm#AR-15

I know this is not stripped lowers, but they sell complete Colt lower assys.  May be a starting point.

Found:  http://www.floridagunworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FG&Product_Code=416&Category_Code=ARA+R

This is a stripped lower.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:56:19 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]www.rguns.net[/url] sells stripped lowers.It might be more economical to buy a lower with lower parts already installed.You might save a couple bucks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:44:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, these are GREAT leads!
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Pick up a copy of Shotgun News, I usually see a couple of ads for colt lowers in there.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:52:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Questions:  

Will the finish on the Colt lowers match a different maker UPPER such as RRA or would it be better to just save my pennies and get a matching post ban COLT upper?  

And will it be more expensive to get parts seperately than just buying a complete COLT Rifle?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Questions:  

Will the finish on the Colt lowers match a different maker UPPER such as RRA or would it be better to just save my pennies and get a matching post ban COLT upper?  

And will it be more expensive to get parts seperately than just buying a complete COLT Rifle?
View Quote

If you find a new stripped Colt lower you will be fine with color matching. My RRA stripped lowers are nearly identical to my new Colt 6400c M4 carbine.

My preban Colts on the other hand are slate gray instead of black.

My Colt 6400c was $965 complete if that helps at all.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[url]www.rguns.net[/url] sells stripped lowers.It might be more economical to buy a lower with lower parts already installed.You might save a couple bucks.
View Quote

not to bad.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top