Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/1/2003 2:48:58 PM EDT
Usually in the Shotgun News or Gunlist, and sometimes at gun shows, I can find ads for these trigger gizmos that allow you to shoot semi-auto at a near full auto rate. Does anyone have any experience with these? Do they really work or are they just a bunch of hooey? They could be alot of fun for those of us who live in states that don't allow full auto. I would love to hear any feedback on these, and if y'all think it would be a worthwile purchase. And if so, which of these is the better bet? Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 3:32:55 PM EDT
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=173264 Always do a search before posting. It was on page 4.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 9:01:26 PM EDT
El Crappo! Learn to bump fire for free.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 12:55:08 PM EDT
DOUGH!! Sorry bout that.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 12:57:44 PM EDT
[soccer houligan] IF IT'S NOT SCOTTISH, IT'S CRAP!!! [/soccer houligan] crap. Worthless feces.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:23:18 PM EDT
I Vote for CRAP...
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:16:55 PM EDT
Also vote for crap. Even if you can get it to work, it's only useful for really close range work...plus it frequently pisses off the rangemasters. :)
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 9:04:05 PM EDT
Everyone seems to hate those trigger systems. How in the hell have they got away with selling them for so long if they are crap? You guys should start a class action lawsuit against hellfire. [:)]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 9:09:34 PM EDT
there's a sucker born every minute.......
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 9:21:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By billclo: Also vote for crap. Even if you can get it to work, it's only useful for really close range work...plus it frequently pisses off the rangemasters. :)
View Quote
Yes sir!! Hit it right on the head. All someone needs to do is hear that fire, and send the local PD runnin to meet you. Then they see that EVIL black rifle and immediatley assume the worst. Rapid fire is cool but not worth the hassle if someone doesnt like what they hear. Now I know that these are legal, and I am the farthest from political correctness on most occasions. But there are alot of uneducated less than friendly non gun types out there... Just my .02... John
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:54:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/2/2003 10:57:46 PM EDT by AK_Mike]
Originally Posted By gmtmaster:
Originally Posted By billclo: Also vote for crap. Even if you can get it to work, it's only useful for really close range work...plus it frequently pisses off the rangemasters. :)
View Quote
Yes sir!! Hit it right on the head. All someone needs to do is hear that fire, and send the local PD runnin to meet you. Then they see that EVIL black rifle and immediatley assume the worst. Rapid fire is cool but not worth the hassle if someone doesnt like what they hear. Now I know that these are legal, and I am the farthest from political correctness on most occasions. But there are alot of uneducated less than friendly non gun types out there... Just my .02... John
View Quote
Not to steal the thread, but that is a sad commentary. I guess I am spoiled where I live because I frequently shoot in F/A at the public range where I am, just as many others do. The only times there are cops there, they are fooling around shooting their private firearms. When I open up in front of them, the only "hassle" is that they eagerly ask if they can try out my auto's. Two weeks ago, the CLEO in my town just signed off on my 1919A4 without even interviewing me. Getting back on thread - MurdochsM4, even I bought one of these devices back in the day to try out. Nothing more than a backwards spring for your trigger. I was severely disappointed, especially when I found out I could not grip my firearm from the rear and instead only with my other hand from the front, which can be ackward. With practice, you can bump fire just as easily without the device but you have to work a little harder at it. I have a "crank" for my 10/22, and I must say it's a lot of fun, and makes it really easy and fool proof to use, that was money fairly well spent. Many of these auto-trigger device companies got the CRAP sued out of them, but all they do is fold and reopen under a different name. I also bought in to a little device to make my Mini-14 fire rapidly. It turns out it was instructions and a .02 piece of material that let you make a "device" that slipped in between the sears. It doubles your rate of fire as the rifle would fire with each pull of the trigger, and each RELEASE of the trigger. Unfortunately, once you pull the trigger, you almost have to fire again when you let go (unless you hold the trigger while you clear the round from the chamber, not a really safe thing to do). Still, it was worth my interest in how it works. Worth really only .50, perhaps. Makes it easy to fire rapidly. However, I can pull the trigger on my AR-15 pretty damn fast. If it has a single stage trigger, you can go faster than you could effectively use the fire rate methinks. As these devices are fully legal, and can be quite fun, it's only potential hassle from others you have to worry about. If there is none where you are, then bump fire away, many do. They do it for free without a device. The device just makes it a tad easier I suppose. Have fun!
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 9:16:26 AM EDT
My Dad and I each purchased a "Tac-Trigger" IIRC at the local fun show a while back. They're over-priced crap. I don't mind losing a buck or two. But to charge $30-35 for something that is such unadulterated crap....That's criminal. It looked like a sweet idea. And after watching their little demo video for a couple of minutes, hell why not try it? It even came with the official looking card from the Treasury Dept saying that it was legal and not considered a MG. It should have said, "We here at the Treasury Dept. find that this little contraption is not considered a MG since it flat out is a chinsy piece of crap. Further we recommend that next year you over pay your Income taxes to the IRS instead of supporting this lower class breed of criminals" Sly
Top Top