Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2003 8:58:15 PM EDT
Just recently installed an Accuracy Speaks trigger group in my AR, WOW...., what a differance!!

It took a little fitting, as denoted by AC.  A touch off of the trigger stop & a smigon off the disconector and OH....Baby..., super crisp 3.5lb. break with very little creep & a very positive custom fit saftey engagment!!

Very good fitting instructions were included with the unit.

A very good quality product, highly recomended!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mind answering a couple of questions about your new rig?

How mechanically complicated is the AS trigger compared to the stock fire control group?

Does it adjust with set screws, springs, or neither?

I've read that the AS trigger is the most bulletproof of all the match triggers by far. Is this your impression?

Thanks in advance for your expertise [:)]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The AC is very basic, and just about identical in appearance to the stock triggergroup.

From the way I understand it, the main differance is that the geometry between the trigger & hammer engagment has been improved to achieve less creep and a crisp clean break at 3.5 lbs. There is no screw adjustments like the JP unit. I believe the only adjustment on the AC is to bend your trigger spring to increase the pull to 4.5 lb. or more if the rifle is for Service Rifle Competition.

That's really about all I know about it other than the fact that the differance is like night & day compared to stock!!!

I called AC and talked to Derrick Martin (the Owner) about the trigger group, very nice guy!! Sounds like he personaly sets up every unit that goes out!!

I ordered directly from him, and saved about 20.00 or so over brownells.

I also bought one of their Gas Manifolds, very nice and sleek for a "Optics Only" AR

Their website is:  www.accuracyspeaks.com

Hope this helps!!     RU4FREEDOM - out
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The AC is very basic, and much like the stock triggergroup. From the way I understand it, the main differance is that the geometry between the trigger & hammer engagment has been improved to achieve less creep and a crisp clean break at 3.5 lbs. There is no screw adjustments like the JP unit. I believe the only adjustment on the AC is to bend your trigger spring to increase the pull to 4.5 lb. or more for Service Rifle Competition.
  That's really about all I know about it other than the fact that the differance is like night & day compared to stock!!!
View Quote

[b]WOW!![/b] [:)]

I have shied away from match triggers after seeing too many of them fail due to set screws coming loose or being poorly designed. The JP trigger in my old Bushy got sloppy, and so did it's replacement. I've heard good things about the RRA two stage, but there are plenty of posts in the troubleshooting forum about the RRAs having problems too.

Where did you buy your trigger if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks again for your help!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 11:12:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Directly from Accuracy Speaks.

www.accuracyspeaks.com

No worries here....., these units are bullet proof!!!

If you get one, just follow his fitting instructions..., I was in and out with the trigger and hammer twice with a couple small adjustments....., and then boda-boom, a custom fit, match grade trigger group just as slick as you please!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:24:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for your help [:)]

I'm going to stick with stock FCG parts for my defensive carbine, but I'm starting to build some range toys and would love to experiment with a good aftermarket trigger.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top