Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2003 6:50:23 PM EDT
If not, what trigger do you recommend for a defensive AR?
How about those "Reduced Power Spring Kits"??? Whats the story on those?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure plenty of people do it with their SHTF weapons, but for the sake of reliability I'd rather not do it to mine. Instead of cutting the spring I just tore my carbine lower down and cleaned up the FCG parts. It's still heavy but at least there is less creep in the trigger.

Someone could make the case that their rifle is still perfectly reliable, but over the years I've become cynical after seeing scores of two-stage and "custom" triggers go down in rifle classes and range competitions. I haven't taken a carbine class yet but I would imagine the situation is similiar.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA drop in match trigger. No weak springs, no Allen screws to fall out of adjustment. Solid and light, just what you need in a serious rifle.

Bob

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried one of those "Reduced Power Spring Kits' and I couldn't get enough power ignite a primer.I jusr stick to stock trigger now.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 12:53:57 AM EDT
[#4]
No. This is one of those things where I wouldn't fool around on a defensive gun.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 3:28:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I put a RRA two stage on my target rifle. Nice trigger but I wouldn't want it on my battle rifle, too light. I've never had to defend my life with a firearm but I would think the adreneline is on open loop mode in such a situation. I think the possibility of firing your weapon when not intended would be very high with a trigger that is too light.

Shabo
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top