Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2003 2:19:04 PM EDT
I purchased front and rear Trijicon night sights for one of my carbines. I wanted to see if I could place my front sight on a target located in a dark or "shadowed" area. Late last night (very little moon light) I got up and practiced acquiring a sight alignment with which I had no problems.

The rear sight created a green blur that filled and nearly blocked my right eyes field of view. I assume this is one of the reason many people do not like the Trijicon rear sight on there rifle?

How useful is a Trijicon front site post when used in conjunction with a normal A2 aperture?

Is it true that the light from a Trijicon night site is very apparent to someone using a night vision device? Any input would be appreciated.

The Azalin
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 2:30:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Azalin: The rear sight created a green blur that filled and nearly blocked my right eyes field of view. I assume this is one of the reason many people do not like the Trijicon rear sight on there rifle?
View Quote
That’s why I only get the front ones. I just keep the A2 aperture on there and everything works fine. J
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 8:39:13 PM EDT
Go get a black marker and go over the green elements, that will dim them - or you can replace them with the dimmer yellow unit. I would rather have them than not at all, just dimmed to my preference level with a marker.
Top Top