Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2003 8:01:39 PM EDT
I'm considering getting one of these tomorrow, does anyone have any experience with these? Seems like a good rifle, says It'll shoot sub MOA. Thanks for any input.

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one.  In fact, my AR right now started its life as a PCR-16.  Its a great carbine...if you want to punch paper.  The bull barrel is pretty darn accurate for a 5.56 chamber, and its free-floated too.  However, its too heavy if you just want to plink.  That said, its a great deal for an AR.  The new Olympic Arms rifles are well made and well priced.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
My buddy has one and the extra weight is great for keeping the rifle down for follow up shots. His rifle has the 5.56 chamber and digests everything he has fed it so far, no problems, jams whatsoever to date.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:05:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a PCR7 and I have also built a rifle out of Olympic an parts kit; Neither has ever had even one stoppage, I have absolutely no complaints. I would buy another Olympic without hesitation.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:30:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one of their Service Match rifles. It is extremely well made and VERY accurate. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Olympic.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone, I'm gonna get it I think, I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Ditto to what Ghost-Shooter said.  I have one, and it shoots to 1/2 MOA with my handloads at 100 yds.
Nimbus
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one with a EO-Tech 511 on top for about 2 years. Zero problems. Around 1800 rds down range.

I use it for 3 gun matches. The weight keeps the muzzle climb way down and follow up shots are fast. I have gotten a couple of comments about "how heavy it looked,  16" barrel on a carbine is silly". I dont care they didnt win the stage.

That rifle stage I placed 2nd, so I guess it must works pretty good. [:D] I picked mine up for $624.00 and thought it was a bargin
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Just be kind to the barrel when you break it in.  I bought a super ultra match 16" heavy stainless barrel.  It is a tac driver; even out to 600 yards 3" groups.  But it took 500 rounds to break in.  Be sure to clean as per Olympic's instructions.  Don't use steel cased ammo or it voids the warranty.

Have Fun
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#9]
u-baddog, you are talking about the PCR-16 right?  Looks loke a good deal, but I have never seen one in person.  BTW, where did you get it for that price?  Any quality concerns or issues?  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
u-baddog, you are talking about the PCR-16 right?  Looks loke a good deal, but I have never seen one in person.  BTW, where did you get it for that price?  Any quality concerns or issues?  Thanks
View Quote

Yup pcr 16 I got it at a local gun shop in Virginia Beach called the ARMORY [url]http://www.the-armory.com/[/url]

Oly owner web site......http://www.oa2.org/

I have not had a single problem with it.

Oly will tell you they dont call it a 3 gun rifle but the barrel and float tube keep the muzzle down so follow up shots are fast.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top