Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2003 7:13:38 PM EDT
Is anyone here using ARMS SIR with Surefire M96x light? I don't want to put a vertical grip on mine (I can if I want...but I don't want it now) and was wondering how front heavy it is.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Its going to add weight. No way around it. The lughts are awesome, but they are not light weight. They are not exactly overly bulky or overly heavy, but you will notice the difference. You are going to have to decide whats more important to you and your rifle. The light and what it offers you, or the weight savings of going without.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]
There are lots and lots of that combo out there. Since you are holding the grip on the light anyway, you won't notice more wt.than if you were holding a light not acctually attached, and just up against the weapon.
I havn't seen/heard of any real grips here or elsewhere, just the opposite.
Good lighting, Jack
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:52:51 PM EDT
[#3]
There are lots and lots of that combo out there. Since you are holding the grip on the light anyway, you won't notice more wt.than if you were holding a light not acctually attached, and just up against the weapon.
I havn't seen/heard of any real gripes here or elsewhere, just the opposite.
Good lighting, Jack
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:38:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I can say the the 500A integrated fore grip light adds a lot of weight.  So much that one handed carry is affected.  Of course the light is great.  I am interested in this post since I was wondering if the vertical grip model was lighter.  It does seem to be further back (I would mount just in front of mag well) which would decrease the leverage significantly (I think).  I have not tried both, however.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:41:27 PM EDT
[#5]
The M96 model he is asking about is not the same as the M900 light/forward grip combo. Though I would say either are about as heavy as one another off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I think M900A is very good in terms of weight savings but you can only it at 6 o'clock position. Also I think sometimes the vertical grip clutters things up...?

I'm thinking about M961P on 9 o'clock position, my left thumb to the tailcap.

(maybe I'm saying this because I don't have enough money now [whacko])

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I built a set up like that for a guy with a RAS II. Its a nice set up and he likes it a lot. So do I. The weight is not out of hand and in my opinion, the advantages of having that good a quality light far outscores any preceived increase in weight.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 3:53:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I used to have an M961 mounted an Olympic FIRSH and a foward grip. I found the system to be too heavy for my tastes as well as a bit cumbersome. I recently went to the M500 and have found that it fits my needs better then the first setup.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top