Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2003 8:14:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/20/2003 11:59:46 AM EDT by Stainless]
will a bushmaster, shaved front sight base, (like the one used on the V-match rifle), fit UNDERNEATH a knight's free floating ras?
example... i want to put a medium-long ff ras on a 16in v-match rifle, and i don't want to spend the money on the knight's low profile gas block. soooo will it fit? thanks.

Stainless
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:42:32 AM EDT
please guys, SOME ONE here has to know this. Stainless
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:39:11 AM EDT
If I remember correctly, YES. I think others have done this in the past, and one of the guys at KAC got it to work on his gun while I was there also. Hope this helps... But have your Dremel handy, just in case.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:53:16 AM EDT
I don't kow the answer to your question but thought I'd mention that it would help if you put the SUBJECT of the post/question in the SUBJECT line. This way people who might know would see this post and answer. I've been in the same sitaution where you are now and all I needed is a simple answer. Just a suggestion. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:58:31 AM EDT
THellURider - i agree totally, BUT, that's what i had, and no one answered, so i thought this would get more peoples attention. :)
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:17:01 PM EDT
Havent tried it, but I do believe it will work. I know that the Bushmaster shaved front site WILL fit under a slimline SIR, so I am presuming it will work under a FF RAS. I think there's more room between the barrel and handgaurds on a FF RAS anyway. So I think you will be good to go.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 2:07:17 PM EDT
I believe you are going to have to contour the Bushmaster shave front sight a little to get is to fit. If you are handy with a dremel tool or patient with a file, you should be able to get it to fit just fine. southern [url]www.danieldefense.com[/url]
Top Top