Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2003 2:41:53 PM EDT
What's the easiest and cleanest way to raise an eotech on a flattop receiver so that the fixed front signt isn't in the way?  Will I still be able to mount a flip up rear sight on the flattop too if I raise the eotech?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 3:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
If you use any dot sight correctly with both eyes open, the front sight will not be in the way.

If you raise the EOTech so that you can't see the front sight you won't be able to use any type of back up iron sight unless you remove the EOTech.  In which case you might as well carry the carry handle in your pocket and save yourself the cash.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
What Vinnie said!

EOTECH and Aimpoints are designed to be in line with the irons, both rear and fore more or less.  To raise one above the irons is to defeat the intended purpose.  When using a CCO properly you won't notice the sight tower.  You can also raise your sighting picutre a bit over the front sight and still get good field of view.

Raising either above the front sight will block the rear sight!
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want to raise your EOtech above the front site, you will lose the ability to have backup irons. A scope riser would be the cleanest route, as sold by Tapco, BM, etc.
You might mount the EOtech forward some on your flat top and learn to focus on the subject rather than the dot. It will help to make the front site not as noticable.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I felt just like you not too long ago. I didn't want the awesome eotech reticle to be pointing at front sight. I had a post similar to this a while back. Someone told me the same thing I'm telling you.
I thought it would suck to have the front sight in front of the eotech.
However I trusted that guy and I couldn't be happier; it doesn't bother me one bit. If keep both your eyes open (like you're supposed to with eotechs), you WILL NOT see the front sight tower.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:01:42 PM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=180981&w=searchPop[/url]

Here is your answer.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#7]
They were right on.  I see my front sight through my EOTech.  When I am using the EOTech, I just pay no attention to it.  Shooting with both eyes open makes it easier to look past it.  When I use my rear flip up, I just look right through the EOTech.
Like others said, you don't want to raise it.  I'd just leave everything the way it is and shoot it alot to get used to it.  I was amazed at how much better leaving both eyes open is....
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I thought it would suck to have the front sight in front of the eotech.
View Quote

And you were right.  It DOES SUCK.  Flip down front sights rule!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#9]
The Eotech puts the line of the iron sights right in the middle of the window.  Most Aimpoint mounts put them in the lower third where they are more out of the way but still there if you need them.

I am not aware of ayone making a 1/4" riser that would help this situation.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#10]
The only thing that actualy raises the EOTECH is the front bi level rail on my SIR #50 by just enough to be acceptable. I still prefere the AIMPOINTS, you can put them at any ht.
Good Shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:23:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Can you co-witness an EOtech on an ARMS 46 with a standard front sight and an ARMS 40?
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:44:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Can you co-witness an EOtech on an ARMS 46 with a standard front sight and an ARMS 40?
View Quote

As far as I know all ARMS mounts raise the EoTech to high to co-witness.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:02:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Another cheap solution :

[img]http://64.95.118.51/images/opti/d0/bc/Stanley_Rubber_Grip_Hacksaw_15_265_Shop_Tools1-resized200.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top