Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/15/2003 11:25:51 PM EDT
It looks the same I found this at an airsoft site.  Does anyone know anything about it; the site has it for $178.00.  They also have a flip up site that looks just like the ARMS #40 for $49.00.  I don’t mean to be stupid they just look very similar.

http://home.midsouth.rr.com/midsouthhunting/ICS45SIR.jpg
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 11:39:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Are they intended for the Airsoft toy guns or are they intended for the real ones?
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 11:40:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 11:45:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Iam under the impression that they are for airsoft only .. if you put this on an AR ...
well .. its your fault ...

Iam sure its about as mil spec as my Nikes.
and most likely robust as them as well ...

Iam not sure as to the legality of them
producing a patented and patent pending product.  makes ya think
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 11:50:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There is a lot of Airsoft knock off stuff. I have heard it is usually chinese made pot metal junk. Remember it doesn't have to stand up to the force of the gun firing.
View Quote

I've never understood the appeal of the Airsoft toys. They are expensive for what they are, and the accessories aren't cheap either. I've got a buddy who has an HK MP5 Airsoft toy, and he has hundreds of dollars worth of laser aimers and red dot scopes for it. Don't get me wrong, if that makes him happy that's cool-but I don't understand the atraction.

Earlier this year I got this guy hooked up with a shooting buddy who has a [b]real[/b] NFA MP5-he looked like he died and went to heaven when he got to shoot it for the first time. He kept making comparisons between the real one and the Airsoft toy, as though they were exactly the same.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 12:13:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I was not thinking of using this stuff on an AR I don’t know much about airsoft (I know they are toys) but I was just wondering because on the flip up site I saw had the little swan on the side.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 4:12:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Most of this stuff is made in countries that do not have the same copyright laws the US have so they can mark them however they like, even usingthe companies logo, without breaking their countries laws.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:00:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I will use Troy's comment on this.

I think it went like this...

[b]I can name that tune in three words,
CHEAP CHINESE CRAP [/b]
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:39:24 AM EDT
[#8]
i will attempt to explain the airsoft appeal to you guys since i own both and use them.

airsoft was made in japan for folks that wanted to own a military style(preban if you like) in a country where the ownership of almost any weapon is illegal for a civilian. and they make copies af anything used by militaries or police organizations for those weapons so just like we have a million variants of the ar they did the same for airsoft.
now the important thing to remember is that that is the closest most japanese will ever get to owning a real gun so it isnt surprising that they will spend that much on them.

now to the u.s. the draw here is that you can play simulated wargames(although much closer ranges) with full auto weapons and dress up in camo. simply put we dress up in  camo wear all the web gear and play war. it gives you a bit of a rush actually being under fire, communications, and unit cohesiveness and unlike the real thing everyone goes home intact at the end of the day.the farthest range that some of these guns have is about 100 yds and they are more or less accurate.
its quite different than shooting at a target  that you can take your time to make sure you can  put 5 shots in a dime at 100 yds.half the time youre shooting at a target you cant really see and is shooting back at you.besides when was the last time you set up an ambush with a few oter guys and killed off a dozen people and watched as the remains of a viable force retreated in disarray?
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 7:32:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I have thought the F.O.F simulations with airsoft guns are good for us civvies.  I would like one set up just like my AR for that purpose: to train.  

Ghost
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top