Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2003 5:03:05 PM EDT
I know this isn't AR specific, but I still think it's worth posting.  Got this letter in the mail today.  Thought it's worth noting there are some on our side out there.

JEFF FLAKE
6TH DISTRICT, ARIZONA

424 CANNON HOUSE OFFICE BUILDING
WASHINGTON, DC 20515
(202) 225-2635

DISTRICT OFFICE:
1640 SOUTH STAPLEY DRIVE SUITE 215
MESA, AZ 85204
(480) 833-0092

September 30, 2003

Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me in opposition to the reauthorization of the 1994 assault weapons ban. I am glad that we agree on this issue.

As you may know, the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (PL 103-322) banned the manufacture, possession, or transfer of 19 types of semiautomatic assault weapons for ten years, while exempting an estimated 650 models of long guns. This law also banned the possession and transfer of high capacity feeding devices (detachable magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition). However, the law did exempt semiautomatic weapons that were lawfully owned prior to its enactment. The assault weapons ban is scheduled to sunset on September 13, 2004.

You will be pleased to know that I have signed Representative Ron Paul's letter requesting that President Bush oppose the reauthorization of assault weapons ban. The current ban is simply too vague and criminals will always find a way around it. I believe the answer continues to be tough penalties for crimes committed with any kind of gun. I will vote against any attempt to reauthorize the assault weapons ban.

Again, thank you for being in touch.

Sincerely,

JEFF FLAKE
Member of Congress

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top