Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/14/2003 9:40:09 AM EDT
Hi guys I was wondering what my colt ar 15 is worth. Its a sportster lightweight with a colaspable stock. The barrel reads C MP 5.56 NATO 1/7. I also wondered where I might find a good manual and breakdown book for it. Thanks Jimmi Oz
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 10:23:52 AM EDT
Very sketchy question. People can & will give you a price, but there is fluctuation due to public sentiment over the impending AWB as well as where you live. Any colts marked AR-15 have an intrinsic value, whereas (most) others do not.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:34:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/14/2003 11:40:29 AM EDT by sfcret]
here is a online TM on the M16s....except for the fact that a M16 is a select fire weapon, most of it applies to the AR. [url]http://www.ar15.com/content/books/TM9-1005-319-10.pdf[/url] as for the value.....not much info. condition and wheather or not it's a real pre-ban is the big factors.....just because you have a collapasable stock on it, does not make it a legit pre-ban. go to the home page, they have a list of serial numbers under each maker, under LEGAL. COLTs do command a bit more, but truthfully they are no better or worse then the ARMALITES, EAGLE ARMS, BUSHMASTERs, RRA, OLY, DPMS. folks just pay more, and except to get more, because of the name, and the little horse logo.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 12:48:04 PM EDT
Thanks guys for the help . I know it is a true preban from the ser.# Any guess at a price?? and how do I get a cool sig like the others? Jimmi
Top Top