Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2003 9:07:32 AM EDT
First off, thanks as always for looking

There is a small piece under the FSB on my Colt 6400c that I am unfamiliar with. if you know what it is please let me know.

Is it a mount for a sling swivel or bipod, or something else entirely?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Sorry I don't know BUT...

THE FOKING GREEN ARROW IS KILLING ME!!! [ROFL2]
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Its for a sling loop..........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#3]
It is normally where the sling mount goes.  Since the rifle has a side sling mount, there is no sense putting one there.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sorry I don't know BUT...

THE FOKING GREEN ARROW IS KILLING ME!!! [ROFL2]
View Quote

Would you prefer electric pink?

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/mystery_piece3.JPG[/img]

[:D][;)]

Thanks for the help guys.

I've been trying to find a way to temporarily mount my Harris bipod to sight the gun in properly. I can't use a Harris #5 AR mount because the M4 handguards have double heatshields so the adapter doesn't fit.

Oh well...
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:44:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've been trying to find a way to temporarily mount my Harris bipod to sight the gun in properly. I can't use a Harris #5 AR mount because the M4 handguards have double heatshields so the adapter doesn't fit.

Oh well...
View Quote

Buy a rifle rest it can be used with all your rifle/shotgun zero needs. it is a good investment.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh well...
View Quote

Buy a rifle rest it can be used with all your rifle/shotgun zero needs. it is a good investment.
View Quote

I have one, but my range lacks a bench at the 50 meter line so I have to shoot prone. Using my rest while prone is pretty awkward.

I guess I'll have to try it anyway-or maybe use my range bag as a makeshift rest.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#7]
You know that that top heatshield that is stamped "do not remove" is removeable? Just sqeeze it together at the ends and the little tabs will clear the retainers and the shield will lift out. I do not know if there is enough clearance for the #5 and both sheilds but you could alway install it and leave the top shield out.

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You know that that top heatshield that is stamped "do not remove" is removeable? Just sqeeze it together at the ends and the little tabs will clear the retainers and the shield will lift out. I do not know if there is enough clearance for the #5 and both sheilds but you could alway install it and leave the top shield out.

View Quote

I was not aware of that. I'll try it now-thank you sir [:)]
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#9]
The top shield is glued in, but if I can break the glue seal it looks like the #5 will work. I could always drill a small hole in the end of the top shield to clear the adapter if heat becomes an issue.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, they DO sell short picatinney rails for M4 handguards, which if you had one, you could attach a bipod mount, then the bipod...
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#11]
[b]WooHoo!![/b] [:)][:)]

It worked...thank you LuckyStiff. If that hadn't worked I would have gone the route that AK_Mike suggested.

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/M4_Harris.JPG[/img]

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top